My computer shuts down 5 - 10 minutes after starting Unreal Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer shuts down 5 - 10 minutes after starting Unreal Tournament

After around 5 - 10 minutes of playing Unreal Tournament (pre-alpha), my computer shuts down. I am only having this issue with Unreal Tournament, all other games work fine without causing my computer to shut down. I think I'm having this issue since a recent update. In the past my PC was capable of running Unreal Tournament fine without any issues like this. It was capable of running UT at a decent to high framerate and I never had any issues like my PC shutting down or something like that.

My PC automatically shuts down, regardless of what I do in-game. Even if I stay at the main menu, my computer shuts down around 10 minutes after starting Unreal Tournament.

I have recently updated my video card's driver, but that's unlikely to have caused this issue.

What could be causing this issue?

Relevant hardware I'm using:
    Intel Core i5 6500
    MSI Geforce GTX 960 4gb
    Cooler Master GM550M
    8GB DDR4 RAM 2133mhz
    (my hardware most likely does not cause this issue, seeing as I do not have this issue in any other game or with any other program.)

Is the problems still occuring with latest updates?

If yes, run the game again and follow this steps:

Click Start -> Run -> Type: eventvwr (and hit enter)
    Double-click ''Windows-Logs''

Check under ''Application'' if you any error logs.(with current timestamp)
    If yes, copy and paste them here.
    Last edited by iSenSe`; 11-13-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I also agree the Windows Event Log under System or Application to see what the cause the error was is the best first step.

A sudden shut down can occur when something is over-heating so you might want to check temperatures of your graphics card and CPU.
      Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Working...
      X