Epic Games launcher "crashing" after uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Games launcher "crashing" after uninstall

So I recently uninstalled the Epic Games launcher since I don't really play Fortnite or any of their other games anymore. However, every single time I turn on my PC, I get an error message saying that the Epic Games launcher has crashed several times, even after uninstalling it. And yes, it is completely gone from my system, I checked the Control Panel. Is there any way I can fix this?

This is what I did to fix the bug:
    1. Re-installed the launcher and deleted it again in the programs and features settings.
    2. Typed in %AppData% into the windows search bar and went to the sub-folder named local (Note: when you first open this it might put you in AppData\romaing, just go back to AppData folder in the top bar and then click on local).
    3, Delete the folder named ''EpicGames launcher''.

Comment

Have been experiencing the exact same issue. Will try Adam's solution now.

Comment

I Just Tried AdamNaveed's Solution and it 100% works it doesn't even bring back the Epic Games launcher "crashing" after uninstall" Error!

Comment

I tried to start up the launcher and it crashes, The box below listed this:

LoginId:00c9a7114b4aa48e00fd75a425f3b506
          EpicAccountId:bb7ac9f3485b4d59a2821fccb58f5c6b

Assertion failed: Apps.Num() == Actions.Num() [File:/Build/++Portal+Release-Live+Compile/Sync/Portal/Source/Layers/DataAccess/Private/CommunityPortalPatcher.cpp] [Line: 412] You must include only one action per app.

EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          EpicGamesLauncher
          kernel32
          ntdl
          l

I tried closing the the launcher through task manager, reinstalling it, deleting the webcashe, putting the "-OpenGL" in the shortcut properties but nothing seems to work. This is making me a bit frustrated. Send help.

Comment

Jova come botín me paso lo mismo...

Comment

My epic games launcher worked perfectly fine last month but now whenever I open it,it says an error has occurred.I tried uninstalling and then downloading it again but it does not seem to work.It keeps crashing.It has ruined my gaming experience please help.Its quite frustrating

Comment

Originally posted by AdamNaveed View Post
                This is what I did to fix the bug:
                1. Re-installed the launcher and deleted it again in the programs and features settings.
                2. Typed in %AppData% into the windows search bar and went to the sub-folder named local (Note: when you first open this it might put you in AppData\romaing, just go back to AppData folder in the top bar and then click on local).
                3, Delete the folder named ''EpicGames launcher''.
                Thank you, This works, Come on Epic, fix this ****, I just wasted an hour of my life with your help function and it was useless.

Comment

Originally posted by JOVVA EATS BOOTY View Post

Assertion failed: Apps.Num() == Actions.Num() [File:/Build/++Portal+Release-Live+Compile/Sync/Portal/Source/Layers/DataAccess/Private/CommunityPortalPatcher.cpp] [Line: 412] You must include only one action per app.

EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  EpicGamesLauncher
                  kernel32
                  ntdl
                  l

I tried closing the the launcher through task manager, reinstalling it, deleting the webcashe, putting the "-OpenGL" in the shortcut properties but nothing seems to work. This is making me a bit frustrated. Send help.
                  did any one find a fix for this error yet ?

Comment

My computer was randomly locking up and then rebooting. Took me almost a year to figure out the problem. The problem was the epic launcher. I disabled it from starting, and my computer hasn't rebooted on it's own since. It is as if the launcher was doing some weird use of the video card and audio system even when no game was being played. The computer would almost always crash when it would go to play sound at some random time...I could make it through a day or two, or an hour or two. I even installed a new audio card and switched to the second video card in my machine...nothing helped.

After my computer recently started telling me that the launcher had crashed like 7 times in a row, I disabled it. No problems since then. It has only been 4 days, but I could barely make it a day before without crashing. Looks like my PC may just be good to go for a few more years after all!

Comment

This has been going on for months now, So frustrating. I love EPIC but COME ON!!, It does make me think I should buy a my games from another store if they simply cant get things together. I've tried everything time and time again, The EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER is seriously broken.It should be a top priority to sort the bugs out with this thing, Even went it does run it runs like a pig..

Comment

Originally posted by JOVVA EATS BOOTY View Post

EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        EpicGamesLauncher
                        kernel32
                        ntdl
                        l

i need help with this too

Comment

Working...
                        X