Launch Error: "UnrealTournament.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launch Error: "UnrealTournament.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

I downloaded the 4.4.2 32bit version of UT last night and when I tried to run it I got the "not a valid Win32 application" error. This morning I installed the vcredist_x86.exe package but the same error immediately comes up after the game fails to launch. My OS is Windows XP.
    Last edited by «MechikTåj»; 09-13-2014, 12:28 PM. Reason: corrected build version number

And I guess Windows XP is the reason why it doesn't work. Neither me or my mates (we all own XP SP3 x32 version) can run the build. It works under Windows 7 x32 though, so I guess - if we keep the current operating system - we won't be able to play the build or even the game.

Comment

Gonna quote myself from elsewhere

Originally posted by [GZU]Elmur_fud View Post

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-xp-32bit.html

The current 32bit build runs fine on vista 32 bit, provided one uses a video card that supports the right feature sets. (For nvidia this means a 400+ series card.) Though I am not sure what opengl support as described in that link would do to that requirement.

"Not a Valid Win32 application" is a lot more generic of an error then most people think. The file could be corrupt, drivers could be incompatible, You could be using PIO instead of UDMA on your HDDs, you might lack the .net framework or some other relevant library, some .dlls may need registered... I know there are other options but at the moment they escape me.

Comment

It will never work cause windows xp doesn't support dx10 and dx11

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
          It will never work cause windows xp doesn't support dx10 and dx11
          The link I posted has the exact answer to that. Here is that link again.
          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-xp-32bit.html

Comment

Game dont work on win xp sp3 32bitE:\WindowsNoEditor\Engine\Binaries\Win32\UE4.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Comment

Originally posted by [GZU]Elmur_fud View Post
              Gonna quote myself from elsewhere
              And how I do that? I just downloaded the build, but I don't find UnrealBuildTool
              Adrenaline Mutator Concept / Multi Gametype Maps Concept /Character Creation Concept /Single Player Concept

Comment

I got the same error. I'm using xp 32bit professional sp3, can anyone clarify if the latest build should work or not?

Comment

Working...
                X