Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White spaces while going around the corner

Hi,

I've had this in the "Shooter Game" UE4 demo as well (and the UT alpha of course), but not in any other game. Basically from time to time when moving around a corner there is a white flash for a fraction of a second before the actual graphics are displayed. The behavior can usually be reproduced in the same spots. Is this something UE4 related or is it an instability on the GPU or even a hardware malfunction? I'm on a Phenom II X4@4.1 GHz, Asus GTX 660 (factory OC, 337.88 driver), 4 GB DDR3, GA-970A-UD3 board, 840 EVO SSD and Win7 x64. TIA for any answers!

No ideas? A driver update to 344.11 didn't fix it. I managed to find a spot where these errors aren't transient; I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but it looks similar.

Comment

I see this with long view distances at times, but with the early BSP map prototypes I wouldn't worry about it, as there will likely be a number of rough overlapping brushes causing subtle collision bugs, probably causing occlusion issues as well.
      The engine decides what to draw and when based on a number of rules.

Comment

I'm seeing this as well and I am guessing most people are seeing it and ignoring it since it is so early in development. But yes, it will need to be fixed at some point.
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

If I'm right about what you're referring to, then it is some sort of occlusion issue at the moment.
          It actually also happens in the editor while working on the map. I think at this stage of development, it's rather a non-priority issue. But this can usually be sorted by placing an occlusion volume and adjusting the values.
          This will most likely be corrected in the future as more detailed and finalized maps are coming online.
          MyArtstation
          @jayoplus

Comment

Working...
          X