RunUT.bat cannot find UE4.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RunUT.bat cannot find UE4.exe

I downloaded and extracted the latest X86 build. I get this error: Windows cannot find 'Engine\Binaries\Win32\UE4.exe' when I run the RunUT.bat in Vista x86. From there, I try to run the .bat but keep getting the same error. The files are in the extracted directory as advertised.

I installed the 2013 Visual Studio redistributables and the DX runtime prior to attempting to run the .bat file.

Are the builds not compatible with Vista or am I simply doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help provided.
    Last edited by Crotale; 11-06-2014, 07:50 PM.
    Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    I downloaded and installed the 'Engine\Binaries\Win32\UE4.exe' when I run it in Vista x86. I downloaded the zipped build to my user Downloads folder and extracted it in its own folder there. From there, I try to run the .bat but keep getting the same error. The files are in the extracted directory as advertised.

I installed the 2013 Visual Studio redistributables and the DX runtime prior to attempting to run the .bat file.

Are the builds not compatible with Vista or am I simply doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help provided.
    I'm so confused what you are trying to do.

If you downloaded the zip, just extract the whole zip to its own folder and then run the RunUT.bat inside that folder. The game should launch. If not, what specific error are you getting?
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Wow, I mucked that up in translation.

Here is the corrected synopsis:

I downloaded and extracted the latest X86 build. I get this error: Windows cannot find 'Engine\Binaries\Win32\UE4.exe' when I run the RunUT.bat in Vista x86. From there, I try to run the .bat but keep getting the same error. The files are in the extracted directory as advertised.
      Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
        Wow, I mucked that up in translation.

Here is the corrected synopsis:

I used to have this problem a long time ago. What folder did you extract to exactly?

You can also try opening the batch file and running the command inside it from cmd.exe with the full path to UE4.exe in it.
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Do I need to park the extracted folder in a specific directory? I have it parked in my Downloads folder.

I tried to open the RunUT.bat, but now I get a "d3d11.dll" is missing. Does the build require DX11? If so, this means no Vista.
          Last edited by Crotale; 11-06-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Seems now that the video card in my laptop supports DX10 but not DX11, so installing DX11 will gain me nothing. Does anyone know for sure that the client needs DX11? If so, I have a Windows 8 machine I can put it on, but I just didn't want to do so unless I had to do so, since that is going to be my development only machine.

Thanks!

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure DX11 is requird.

Comment

Working...
              X