Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bug report screen displayed my real name - where did it get that from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bug report screen displayed my real name - where did it get that from?

Somehow in the screen it brought up to report what i was doing it showed my real name.... where does that crash program pull the name it shows from?
    FYI - I never used my name when registering in this forum on anywhere in this game.... and its not my computer or username...

Burnse
    UT99 was the best game I ever played
    UT 2003 destroyed my faith in game developers
    If you have a winning team... when making a sequel.... don't change the engine so dramatically that the soldiers look like they gained 300lbs and use the same team you had when you made the original game.
    Movies, Books, and Games have proven this point over and over and over and over

Its not a bug, its the name you used when setting up windows.
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

If you are using Windows 8, you are probably signed into an online Microsoft account, and the game probably read your name from there. I doubt you have much to worry about though since only Epic can see the reports.

Comment

Win 7... I think I did use my real first name just incase it was stolen, It would atleast have my first name attached to the copy of windows.

I understand it only goes to epic... however in today's world, privacy is a extreme concern.... and I guarantee you the NSA is cataloging and storing all internet traffic... at least in the US... that includes all voip
        And the less info the NSA has on me, the happier I am.

P.S. - I'm glad to see the admins made this forum https
        UT99 was the best game I ever played
        UT 2003 destroyed my faith in game developers
        If you have a winning team... when making a sequel.... don't change the engine so dramatically that the soldiers look like they gained 300lbs and use the same team you had when you made the original game.
        Movies, Books, and Games have proven this point over and over and over and over

Comment

Working...
        X