screen tearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screen tearing

Ive recently helped a friend purchase a new pc with i7-4790cpu, GTX750ti and 8gb of ram. While it appears to be running smoothly Ive noticed screen tearing during play. Any idea why this might happen? I myself am running i74770K (not overclocked), GTX650ti with 16gb of ram and it runs silky smooth with no screen tearing. Both pc's running 64bit win7 home premium.
    Last edited by GnrlSpecific; 01-06-2015, 01:46 AM. Reason: missing some information

Does the gtx750ti have enough juice? Maybe now enough electricity going to it. Im using the same card and its nice

Comment

Make sure your using the correct power supply or make sure that 2 cords from power supply are connected. Its got 2 power slots they both need to be connected.
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Here is what I have found. The gigabyte 750ti appears to have only one six-pin plug, unless there is another plug type for power, I dont know. The psu is a thermaltake550w 80+bronze. Gigabyte spec requires 400w. What Im not sure of though, is that the pc system, or the gpu on its own? Btw, this system is running Crysis3 and Hawken perfectly.Psu is rated at 8amps, but I cannot find a reference to required amps for the gpu.

Comment

Card 100% has 2 plugs. I was told of its not getting enough juice you will see symptoms when its working hard. Maybe Epic can have a look at the card and optimize UT for it?
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry code my mistake, I was looking at the other end of the cable, the end with the black plug. I had a gtx275 that had two connections for the black plug shown in the photo so thats what I thought you were referring to. Thanks for the pic it certainly makes things clear. Ok, so Ill have to find out whats happening at the power supply end. Could take a while my buddy lives a distance away and doesnt really know pc's that well. The pc was put together by tech's at MSY.

Comment

MSY in sydney near uni? they know what their doing. Has he updated to latest drivers? Maybe Epic can do something on their end i dont know...

Comment

Nah mate, Im in Adelaide. Nvidia experience has updated the gpu drivers and based on your statement I would be surprised if the tech's at MSY would install the power cables wrong, but hey, were all hu man. Its a brand new pc so maybe theres updates for Win. and other software that need to take effect. Its only been turned on and off a handfull of times As far as Epic doing something their end, well Unl3ash3D reckons his 750 is running the game ok.

Comment

I don't know what insufficient power would have to do with tearing - if you were missing a whole 6-pin plug I'm sure you'd get no output on the monitor at all. Try going into system settings in UT on your friend's PC and setting the frame limit to either exactly his monitor's refresh rate (probably 60hz), 1 above, or 1 below. One of these usually fixes tearing (though, maybe not completely)

Comment

Thanks Barktooth. You may have hit the nail on the head there. Id plugged it in to my monitor and didnt take any notice of the refresh rate. I think he plans to get a new monitor so perhaps a few setting tweaks when he gets that running will solve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
                      Thanks Barktooth. You may have hit the nail on the head there. Id plugged it in to my monitor and didnt take any notice of the refresh rate. I think he plans to get a new monitor so perhaps a few setting tweaks when he gets that running will solve the issue.
                      Yep you should be able to figure out the refresh rate by either opening the On-Screen Menu of the monitor or by right clicking on desktop and going to Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Monitor tab.

Comment

Thanks Barktooth Ill make sure I post another reply if its successful, although it could be a while for various reasons not worth mentioning.

Comment

Working...
                        X