Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Map Specific Editor Crash on Save/Play in Editor

Hello,

I made a map which crashes as soon as i hit the save button, on autosave and when I click the play button or "play from here" in the viewport. When i do such the editor closes immediately and the crash report window appears.
    I was working on fixing[sic!] a BSP glitch, that one where parts of the face become invisible when you place some brushes with weird vertex coordinates close. I fixed that by removing[sic!] those brushes, so i doubt removed problems are responsible for the crash

The crash appears on versions 4.6.1. I removed the UT4 project and UE4 engine, reinstalled both but the problem persists. You can find the map at http://urbancub.org/~cub/CTF-Close.umap That problem does not occur on other maps I'm working on. uh... where would i start hunting the problem?

id try rebuilding it and saving it as a different name. and see if that works. ive had it happen to me. and that's what I did. then I deleated the old map all to geather and then reopened the new map and then saving it once again to the old map name.
    AKA TwocensT

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      Building works, but saving then doesn't. I tried renaming the map and use several earlier autosaves back to a time where i can say for sure the editor didn't crash but even on those the problem appears now. i didn't mess around with the editor settings, except for disabling autosave after the saving lead to the crashes.

Originally posted by platnumspider View Post
      [...] saving it as a different name[...]
      uh saving doesn't work, as soon as i hit the button my editor crashes
      Last edited by cub; 01-20-2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cub View Post
        Thank you for your reply.
        Building works, but saving then doesn't. I tried renaming the map and use several earlier autosaves back to a time where i can say for sure the editor didn't crash but even on those the problem appears now. i didn't mess around with the editor settings, except for disabling autosave after the saving lead to the crashes.

uh saving doesn't work, as soon as i hit the button my editor crashes
        try opening the map and then select all copy. and start a new map and paste and save and see if that don't work.. if not may be a bug in your editor not the map.
        AKA TwocensT

Comment

That worked fine, saved, built, played and saved again without any crash! Thanks a lot. You are my hero of the day

Comment

Originally posted by cub View Post
            That worked fine, saved, built, played and saved again without any crash! Thanks a lot. You are my hero of the day
            glad to be of assistance
            AKA TwocensT

Comment

uh... well, at least the problem was fixed, after working a bit on the map, placing some lights, adding bot navigation and building on production settings it crashes now again. Also when I try to rename or move the map in the content browser to another folder. So I tried to start over from scratch and only copied the BSP from the broken map and removed the materials in the new map but after some time the editor crashed yet again. So I guess something's broken with the BSP.

Comment

ok, one crash report said something about a blueprint. so I made a test case. The bug(?) just appears when I save (which works the first time), close the editor, open and load the map and click save or play again.

well, that still doesn't explain why the BSP-only map crashed too.

Comment

Working...
                X