No UnrealBuildTool.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No UnrealBuildTool.exe

I've recloned the UT project, deleted, recloned, updated on git hub, ran setup.bat etc etc
    Every time I try to generate UT project files it says no UnrealBuildTool.exe. Why is the not being downloaded?

Same problem here.

tried using the launcher one, didn't work

i dont even know anymore
    Last edited by Fly Dungas; 01-23-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Even when running setup.bat through command line, it doesn't list errors? Wut do?

Comment

UBT is provided from the CDN. f you're having problems I would suggest re-cloning and running Setup.bat again. The around 5gb download should include UBT.
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I had the same problem previously with UnrealBuildTool.exe, it seemed to be randomly disappearing, leading to the entire build/rebuild system of the source to break, requiring me to redownload everything only to have it happen again.

The solution in my case was that I was running Avast antivirus, which as I saw mentioned somewhere, treats UnrealBuildTool.exe as a threat and silently deletes it. The real-time file shield and the scan have separate folder exclusions which can be used, though there may be issues with it deleting the file from a temporary directory as it's being downloaded, and the p2p shield may affect it also.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
            UBT is provided from the CDN. f you're having problems I would suggest re-cloning and running Setup.bat again. The around 5gb download should include UBT.
            Raxxy was guiding me on IRC. I redownload/recloned the project.....twice. Didn't work.

Originally posted by Scoob View Post
            I had the same problem previously with UnrealBuildTool.exe, it seemed to be randomly disappearing, leading to the entire build/rebuild system of the source to break, requiring me to redownload everything only to have it happen again.

The solution in my case was that I was running Avast antivirus, which as I saw mentioned somewhere, treats UnrealBuildTool.exe as a threat and silently deletes it. The real-time file shield and the scan have separate folder exclusions which can be used, though there may be issues with it deleting the file from a temporary directory as it's being downloaded, and the p2p shield may affect it also.
            Ill check to see if AVG is deleting it.

Comment

UBT can be rebuilt in the source, too. But it doesn't get marked as a dependency. In VS in the Solution Explorer, expand Programs and UnrealBuildTool should be there. Just right click on it and Build it. Should generate the exe.
              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Working...
              X