Editor Crashes when Building

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    It is a known bug. I'm not sure why it doesn't have a fix yet.

A workaround that you can do if you want to spend the time is to edit this file:

UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament/Source/UnrealTournament/Private/UTLocalPlayer.cpp

and on line 1226 insert:
    Code:
    return;
    And it should compile and then let you use PIE again. However this is an ugly hack.

Another alternative is to revert back to this revision:
    https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealT...897f4005a5a08e

Before that change was made and build from there.
    It's line 1232 now.

Basically you are looking for this:
    Code:
    void UUTLocalPlayer::UpdatePresence(FString NewPresenceString, bool bAllowInvites, bool bAllowJoinInProgress, bool bAllowJoinViaPresence, bool bAllowJoinViaPresenceFriendsOnly)
    {
    	if (OnlineIdentityInterface.IsValid() && OnlineSessionInterface.IsValid())
    	{
    And you want it to look like:
    Code:
    void UUTLocalPlayer::UpdatePresence(FString NewPresenceString, bool bAllowInvites, bool bAllowJoinInProgress, bool bAllowJoinViaPresence, bool bAllowJoinViaPresenceFriendsOnly)
    {
            return;
    	if (OnlineIdentityInterface.IsValid() && OnlineSessionInterface.IsValid())
    	{
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Starting again allowed me to build lighting again but now I get the same crash as Megasporwic. Guess I'll try and go back to a previous version.
      By the way, the built in packaging button in the editor doesn't seem to work anymore as well. I doubt the issues are linked but I thought I should mention it.
      Devore Designs
      DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

If the package button doesn't work you should get an error. You might not have built the UnrealPak project.
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I am using last weeks build and it is working for me, but only after using sir brizz hack.

Comment

Ah, I didn't know I had to build the UnrealPak separately. I'm pretty sure i didn't do that last time but it works now, thanks.

And Sir_Brizz's hack stops the editor from crashing when I try to play it but I get this:

I'm presume this is why he called it an ugly hack, although it is better than a crash, despite it being unplayable.
            Attached Files
            Devore Designs
            DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

Working...
            X