Built engine + UT, crashes as soon as I play example map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built engine + UT, crashes as soon as I play example map

I followed this tutorial: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Gettin...eal_Tournament

Everything seemed to build correctly, I waited for shaders to compile, but when I try to play the Example_Map level (either from the toolbar or using "play from here"), I get this error: http://hastebin.com/putocujoze.tex

DxDiag stuffs: http://hastebin.com/wuyozapatu.tex

Additionally, I tried to add my build to the launcher, but the "+ Add Versions" button does nothing.
    [Health pickup models]

2004 > 99 > 3. It's just simple math :^)

Got the same problem as mentioned here. As Sir_Brizz mentioned, it could be related to a login check.
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Thanks, that is indeed the same bug - I'll wait for an update, I guess.
      [Health pickup models]

2004 > 99 > 3. It's just simple math :^)

Comment

TimEh posted a work around on IRC; add "return;" to the first line of UpdatePresence() function in UTLocalPlayer.cpp and rebuild

This is a really messy work around to get the editor working.
        Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 02-12-2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
          TimEh posted a work around on IRC; add "return;" to the first line of UpdatePresence() function in UTLocalPlayer.cpp and rebuild

Had the exact same problem and can confirm this works, thanks.

On a side note, now that I'm through that problem, do any of you know why this is happening? As soon as I press play I can only see a quarter(exactly) of the screen at a very low resolution on any map(except UT-entry). Windows 8, happening since I started trying to compile nearly a week ago. If it's not a simple fix I'll just make a separate thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post

Still post restricted from being a new poster so hopefully this isn't out of order.

After doing this fix and trying to build the level I'm working on I crash. Not sure if it's related to this issue. Here is the message at crash. I have seen a post that says you may have to manually build UnrealSwarm but I'm not seeing anything called that.

Comment

Here are more specific uinstructions I posted in another thread:
              It is a known bug. I'm not sure why it doesn't have a fix yet.

A workaround that you can do if you want to spend the time is to edit this file:

UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament/Source/UnrealTournament/Private/UTLocalPlayer.cpp

and on line 1226 insert:
              Code:
              return;
              And it should compile and then let you use PIE again. However this is an ugly hack.

Another alternative is to revert back to this revision:
              https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealT...897f4005a5a08e

Before that change was made and build from there.
              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Same issue here, confirmed as well.
                RASTE IN PEACE !
                Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Working...
                X