Ridiculous ping stutter and bad lag when play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous ping stutter and bad lag when play

Hi all, i want to understand why when i'm connect in a server(with 30-50 ms), at the begin of the match i have a 26-45 ms, and other players all to 100-250 ms, when i play in a match, my ping "start" to 35-40 ms at 150-250 ms pick and below to normal. And i notice a very wicked and annoying lag if i have 25-40 ms. In other games i have a good ping(26-45 ms, rarely 250 ms), i do a ping test but the test say me 0 % packet loss, 29 ms jitter and 35 ms of ping. And i not have any other smartphone or PC connect to the network, and other programs like Steam closed. The problem is the server, game or me?

29 ms jitter can't be right (we're talking speedtest.net yea?)... it should in most cases at least stay below 5 ms (often 3 ms or below). If 29 ms jitter is correct then there is something wrong / or badly configured about the network you're using.

The current build, if it's any relief, I do think has more network lag than previous build though which was pretty rock solid but this current build took a bit of a backstep in network latency and mouse input from my testing. I clearly both notice more lag myself as well as looking at the ping values of players in general.
    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 03-23-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Strange, i have tried to launch Team Fortress 2 connect to a UK server(i live in Italy at 1 hour and half from Milan), 50-68 ms but zero lag. Only in the UT pre-alpha i have this problem.

Comment

Working...
      X