Resolution problem (in Windows 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolution problem (in Windows 10)

I played UT4 alot on Win 7 without any problems but i had some OS problems so i had to switch to win. 10
    my Graphic card drivers are fine (no driver problems)
    I tried everything to switch the resolution but nothing works exept window mode. ( and window mode S*cks...)
    i have a 4:3 display i tried to change from 1280x1024 to 1280x720. it changes. but its still 4:3 and not 16:9 ( 1280x720 - 4:3 looks wierd...)

and sry for my weak english.

It's still may be better to use the most up-to-date drivers for your graphic card, especially since Win10 is now in beta.

Also since you try to use a resolution that has different proportions, than your display it's really down to how display handles it. The videocard will always give the selected resolution. If you choose 1280x720 it will give you the 16:9 image. From then it is down to how display will handle this signal. Some displays can display the signal as is without stretching the image to fit the whole screen, some can't. The only way to fix that is check your display's settings menu - it may have the scaling option.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Its not my display i used it befor with Windows 7, i had no problems with the resolution...
      Graphic card driver could be i need to test a few and
      could it be because of DX12 ? ( i had befor just Dx9/11 with windows 7)

Comment

hey Nois4 I know the solution Throw out you amd and get nvidia

Comment

Working...
        X