Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moistness - an Unreal Tournament movie by Pacan[1g] and Young Fred

Howdy ladies and gentlemen.

My grandson and his friend has made another movie with some frags. That's kinda strange cos they released first movie in a week ago or so and here's a new one. But whatever.
    As they said, this one will be in "chill mood".
    So here's the video.

Frags by: Pacan [1g] and Young Fred
    Soft used: Lightworks, GIMP, HandBrake, Shadowplay, Avidemux, ffmpeg
    Music: Up, Bustle and Out - Y Ahora Tu.

raw
    moistness
    red mineral

↑movies by Young Fred & Pacan [1g]

Just because a chicken has wings don’t mean it can fly.

Kids are askin' for some comments, ladies and gentlemen.
    For those folks who ain't wanna write somethin', just remember my words - do God's will, whatever the hell it may be.
    raw
    moistness
    red mineral

Comment

Cool vid guys!! I really liked the fact you got rid of the HUD. Gives it that authentic movie look Gave me an idea for my next vid! Good job

Comment

Nice comment, pal.

Actually, their first movie was without HUD too, which was kinda strange, I gotta say.
        They 've seen that thread and said "thankie" to ya.

Oh, I've checked your "Pug Life" two days ago, some cool stuff in there. I'll leave comment in day or two.
        raw
        moistness
        red mineral

Comment

The problem with the HUD gone, is that videos of blind shots kills like Flak alt frag on Focus miss the point - you need to see what happened. From player's point of view you need a kill confirmation. This was compensated in the 2nd part of the video where these had replays with a projectile POV.
          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Another nice watch, I remember your first one, and you have a really cinematic style to your movies. Those wide shots are a double-edged sword sometimes though, they they look really good but sometimes it's hard to tell what to focus on for your first viewing and it isn't always immediately apparent which player we should be watching in some cases. One way you could have addressed this in 2k4 was to set the friendly and enemy skin colors/models so there was a consistent scheme even for team games, but sadly that's not possible right now in UT4 so I can't really fault you too much for it.

Leaving out the HUD also lends itself to your cinematic style but as others point out above it creates problems. If you got a multi kill or a headshot or a godlike streak how will the viewer know? Especially with no game sound (although I understand why it was left out having in mind your music choice and how you chose to sync the frags). I generally like to include some sound since it gives a greater sense of immersion and is also informative to whats going on in the scene, even if it's lower volume compared to the music. Also, you could create your own text and choose your own placement if you don't want kill/reward messages in the middle of the screen like in game.

But it also depends on the style you're going for, so just keep being creative.

Just some thoughts for the next one, keep up the good work.
            NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
            My movies on YouTube:
            UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
            , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
            UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Working...
            X