Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick tips New series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [OFFICIAL TUTORIAL] Quick tips New series

    Hi guys just posted up a new series Quick tips

    If you guys have any ideas for Quick tips you like to see to help other players out please suggest them here! Anything you think is useful from console commands to other small crazy things to pro level tips.



    Quick Tips #1 Sniper rifle headshots
    Quick Tips #2 Link gun pull
    Last edited by Zaccubus; 04-27-2016, 05:46 AM.
    Shoutcaster/Commentator
    Progamer for Team-dignitas
    10 years worth of e-sports experience
    Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

    #2
    Cool idea. Maybe you should have a CTF-er give quick tips for using the translocator efficiently, as it seems to be one of the things newer players or non-CTF-ers seem to have issues with.
    NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
    My movies on YouTube:
    UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
    , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
    UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

    UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NoBrainsNoAims^ View Post
      Cool idea. Maybe you should have a CTF-er give quick tips for using the translocator efficiently, as it seems to be one of the things newer players or non-CTF-ers seem to have issues with.
      this is a good one ^^
      I have no clue how to efficiently use it haha

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by NoBrainsNoAims^ View Post
        Cool idea. Maybe you should have a CTF-er give quick tips for using the translocator efficiently, as it seems to be one of the things newer players or non-CTF-ers seem to have issues with.
        a good suggestion!
        Shoutcaster/Commentator
        Progamer for Team-dignitas
        10 years worth of e-sports experience
        Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

        Comment


          #5
          How to escape close battle from link / flak spammers when you just spawned or haven't got any good weapons to give resistance. (nearly impossible tho)
          Last edited by skeevn; 04-22-2016, 04:21 AM.
          ut4 @ ESL
          skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
          usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
          skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

          The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by skeevn View Post
            How to escape close battle from link / flak spammers when you just spawned or haven't got any good weapons to give resistance. (nearly impossible tho)
            You can add rocket. Anyway, I'm really looking forward this one
            Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
            https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
            http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
            Discord PUG Community

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by skeevn View Post
              How to escape close battle from link / flak spammers when you just spawned or haven't got any good weapons to give resistance. (nearly impossible tho)
              nice suggestion will get on to that!
              Shoutcaster/Commentator
              Progamer for Team-dignitas
              10 years worth of e-sports experience
              Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by KingBrando View Post
                this is a good one ^^
                I have no clue how to efficiently use it haha


                Hope this helps. There's more to it than just 'left click, right click'. You want to always be moving. Never walk to weapons, pick ups or a flag return - translocate to them. Just as you are about to pick up an weapon/powerup, shoot a disc away from it, pick up the item, then translocate to keep momentum.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by redfoxxxx View Post


                  Hope this helps. There's more to it than just 'left click, right click'. You want to always be moving. Never walk to weapons, pick ups or a flag return - translocate to them. Just as you are about to pick up an weapon/powerup, shoot a disc away from it, pick up the item, then translocate to keep momentum.
                  Yea that's the type of stuff I'm talking about, but maybe slow down the footage and clarify how you can use momentum conservation to supplement your trans throw. Like I tend to try to get a higher disc trajectory knowing that if I dodge first and translocate immediately after I can make up for a less direct toss with the extra momentum carried over from my dodge.

                  Just spelling out the basics for something like that would be a good quick tip video. I can try to come up with some more examples later when I have time.
                  NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
                  My movies on YouTube:
                  UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
                  , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
                  UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

                  UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by redfoxxxx View Post


                    Hope this helps. There's more to it than just 'left click, right click'. You want to always be moving. Never walk to weapons, pick ups or a flag return - translocate to them. Just as you are about to pick up an weapon/powerup, shoot a disc away from it, pick up the item, then translocate to keep momentum.
                    This is very helpful. From the video it looks like a player's effectiveness with the translocator heavily relies on map knowledge and awareness. So I need to learn the maps used in CTF better.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by NoBrainsNoAims^ View Post
                      Yea that's the type of stuff I'm talking about, but maybe slow down the footage and clarify how you can use momentum conservation to supplement your trans throw. Like I tend to try to get a higher disc trajectory knowing that if I dodge first and translocate immediately after I can make up for a less direct toss with the extra momentum carried over from my dodge.

                      Just spelling out the basics for something like that would be a good quick tip video. I can try to come up with some more examples later when I have time.
                      In the same boat man, just gotta find the time. Probably best waiting on zaccubus to do a vid on that with his editing skills <; Or if you want to work on one zacc, msg me.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Shoutcaster/Commentator
                        Progamer for Team-dignitas
                        10 years worth of e-sports experience
                        Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by redfoxxxx View Post
                          In the same boat man, just gotta find the time. Probably best waiting on zaccubus to do a vid on that with his editing skills <; Or if you want to work on one zacc, msg me.
                          Hey redfoxx it would be awesome for your help on this !
                          Shoutcaster/Commentator
                          Progamer for Team-dignitas
                          10 years worth of e-sports experience
                          Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

                          Comment


                            #14
                            OFF TOPIC but someone pleeeease make the link skin from the Zacc's thumbnail. Alwayes loved this paintover and seeing it in game would made my nerdy heard skip a beat.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X