• Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF - Stinger Minigun Tricks

Hello,

some moves you can do with the Stinger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Ap-apV99A

Kind Regards.
    Last edited by -onil-; 08-01-2016, 01:53 PM.

u'r good i will give u that

Comment

Yep, GJ
      Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Thank you guys.^^

There are much more moves that I actually forgot about... next time.

Comment

Insane amount of tricks! This tops the infra's tricks videos. Riddick .. and you should see him play!
          I love this video! I might go as far as practice.

Comment

Thanks for your kind words.^^

Comment

Originally posted by -onil- View Post
              Thanks for your kind words.^^
              I feel insanely inadequate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
                Insane amount of tricks! This tops the infra's tricks videos. Riddick .. and you should see him play!
                I love this video! I might go as far as practice.
                i have seen him play as .

i just do not wear big fanboy pants like you

Comment

I mean .. this is kind of things that should be in the official tutorials section so that all noobs (positive meaning) can learn this or at least be aware it exists. Really neat!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
                    I mean .. this is kind of things that should be in the official tutorials section so that all noobs (positive meaning) can learn this or at least be aware it exists. Really neat!
                    Actually shard jumping was in one of the early tutorial videos. But the gist I remember was : "Look here. You can get onto a box in the middle of DM-Deck so that everyone can see you and shoot you!"

I've played a lot of CTF matches and just haven't seen it utilized like this.

The tutorial videos should start with the show, walk you through it, but really ought to include footage like this to showcase the full potential.
                    Last edited by MÆST; 08-03-2016, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your comment.^^

It was actually my first movie ever. The first time I used Fraps and the first time I used video editor so I wanted to keep it simple.

As you mentioned, I played a lot of CTF matches as well, and I haven't seen it utilized like this, so I thought I would
                      show some tricks, just to let people know what they can do with the secondary.

Frankly, if people will try to do some of those tricks, they will find it quite hard, so you must be right
                      that this isn't really a tutorial video, but I use it all the time, and I think its important that people be aware it exists.
                      Last edited by -onil-; 08-04-2016, 03:29 AM.

Comment

it is impractical at best to play against good defender and have a stinger out and damage yourself, these work good against medicore teams or defenders but generally you will have yourself robbed of time or health ro perform any jumps with stinger except for the one long wall flight from blank podium to 100A and also that trick from +5 health vials are next to 100 to the shock rifle area is very useful

Comment

Don't you use impact hammer against good defenders?

As a FC, you can spam your rockets, and switch to mini for a moment, just to get from one
                          place to another.
                          Especially with how strong the flak and rockets are, defenders just use the translocator to jump over your head, and
                          with a single shoot return the flag, even if you had cover.

Just because you can not use the translocator (FC), you need to move fast across the map and be
                          less predictable, you can do so with the mini/impact/rockets.
                          Sometimes, it is better to damage yourself even with 90 hp while using rocket to jump for a higher ground than to
                          deal with 3 defenders using pulse.

Comment

absolutely mate i am just saying it is very rare to get out of the base of sensation or xaz with reasonable stack to self damage, if you do however by all means speed>health that is my fc philosophy iam just saying rarely i will have stinger on me and out and health situation to even use it.

Comment

Yea usually when playing against a good team it's just not worth the risk to perform these tricks purely because of how powerful the weapons are and how easy it is to catch up with the FC. A complicated piston jump from the FC that took effort/concentration and damage can be done in 1 second by a defender that is paying attention to catch up again, nullifying the effort entirely, plus you won't be able to frag enemy defenders during the jump because of slow weapon switch. Because of this, it's often far more effective to just *disappear* for a while from my experience.

However, if the opposing team has rather slow defenders (or they aren't in the immediate area because you were hidden) it is actually very effective to do moves like these. I did a piston jump the other day on CTF-Blank from the shock rifle platform to the bridge (it needed a small wallrun) and it resulted in a cap.
                              Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Working...
                              X