X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice movements tricks! I'd like to see them in real 5v5 battle
    Duel rankings contributor | running Unreal Tournament @ ESL

Comment

Well Wasteful, that depends on how long it will take you to announce a 5vs5 NW CTF ESL Tournament (not a draft cup).^^

Unfortunately, I am kidding. It seems like we have less and less pugs, with less and less players, so
      I guess it will take some time.

In the meanwhile I use those tricks when I play and I am happy that you liked the video.

Comment

You answered your question I wait for bigger playerbase.
        Duel rankings contributor | running Unreal Tournament @ ESL

Comment

Self damage moves are most effective at the end of a flag run. At the beginning you typically have more defenders around you and it is quite a risk since you don't know how much health you'll end up needing to get across a map. However, it seems like most maps are built around the idea that trick moves are to be made immediately after picking up the enemy flag.

Comment

I am experimenting with self-damaging flag runs a lot. In many cases, RL jumps or RL dodges are the tactic-of-choice for me but this might be useful as well. I already did plenty of caps because of the trick-jump. It usually confuses defenders very well!

Comment

Interesting vid, I was never good at using tricks so I for one won't be using them and in a heat-of-the-moment situation I'm likely to fail dismally
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              UT4 nick: StryphZ`
              UT99 nick: SAFeSTeR

My PlaysTV
              Frag-ments: UT4 movie starring SAFeSTeR a.k.a. StryphZ`

Frag-ments (Part II): UT4 pre alpha movie starring StryphZ`

Comment

Originally posted by MÆST View Post
                Self damage moves are most effective at the end of a flag run. At the beginning you typically have more defenders around you and it is quite a risk since you don't know how much health you'll end up needing to get across a map. However, it seems like most maps are built around the idea that trick moves are to be made immediately after picking up the enemy flag.
                I guess it's very dynamic. Many times I rocket jumped from Blank podium to the vials (near the sniper) just because the defenders
                just returned the flag from the flak room. Any second counts, huh?
                Some FC grab the flag and just camp in enemies base until the defenders have no clue where the flag is, and some,
                just like myself, run as fast as they can.

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
                I am experimenting with self-damaging flag runs a lot. In many cases, RL jumps or RL dodges are the tactic-of-choice for me but this might be useful as well. I already did plenty of caps because of the trick-jump. It usually confuses defenders very well!
                Well, bottom line, FC needs to outsmart the defenders.
                I use any trick (shortcut), rocket/impact/mini jump just to move faster and be less predictable.
                FC should take enemies armors, and if you can time the belt on your way back to your base with the flag,
                you are a winner.

Comment

Working...
                X