Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by MÆST View Post
    Self damage moves are most effective at the end of a flag run. At the beginning you typically have more defenders around you and it is quite a risk since you don't know how much health you'll end up needing to get across a map. However, it seems like most maps are built around the idea that trick moves are to be made immediately after picking up the enemy flag.
    I guess it's very dynamic. Many times I rocket jumped from Blank podium to the vials (near the sniper) just because the defenders
    just returned the flag from the flak room. Any second counts, huh?
    Some FC grab the flag and just camp in enemies base until the defenders have no clue where the flag is, and some,
    just like myself, run as fast as they can.

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
    I am experimenting with self-damaging flag runs a lot. In many cases, RL jumps or RL dodges are the tactic-of-choice for me but this might be useful as well. I already did plenty of caps because of the trick-jump. It usually confuses defenders very well!
    Well, bottom line, FC needs to outsmart the defenders.
    I use any trick (shortcut), rocket/impact/mini jump just to move faster and be less predictable.
    FC should take enemies armors, and if you can time the belt on your way back to your base with the flag,
    you are a winner.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interesting vid, I was never good at using tricks so I for one won't be using them and in a heat-of-the-moment situation I'm likely to fail dismally

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am experimenting with self-damaging flag runs a lot. In many cases, RL jumps or RL dodges are the tactic-of-choice for me but this might be useful as well. I already did plenty of caps because of the trick-jump. It usually confuses defenders very well!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Self damage moves are most effective at the end of a flag run. At the beginning you typically have more defenders around you and it is quite a risk since you don't know how much health you'll end up needing to get across a map. However, it seems like most maps are built around the idea that trick moves are to be made immediately after picking up the enemy flag.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You answered your question I wait for bigger playerbase.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well Wasteful, that depends on how long it will take you to announce a 5vs5 NW CTF ESL Tournament (not a draft cup).^^

Unfortunately, I am kidding. It seems like we have less and less pugs, with less and less players, so
    I guess it will take some time.

In the meanwhile I use those tricks when I play and I am happy that you liked the video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice movements tricks! I'd like to see them in real 5v5 battle

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea usually when playing against a good team it's just not worth the risk to perform these tricks purely because of how powerful the weapons are and how easy it is to catch up with the FC. A complicated piston jump from the FC that took effort/concentration and damage can be done in 1 second by a defender that is paying attention to catch up again, nullifying the effort entirely, plus you won't be able to frag enemy defenders during the jump because of slow weapon switch. Because of this, it's often far more effective to just *disappear* for a while from my experience.

However, if the opposing team has rather slow defenders (or they aren't in the immediate area because you were hidden) it is actually very effective to do moves like these. I did a piston jump the other day on CTF-Blank from the shock rifle platform to the bridge (it needed a small wallrun) and it resulted in a cap.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    absolutely mate i am just saying it is very rare to get out of the base of sensation or xaz with reasonable stack to self damage, if you do however by all means speed>health that is my fc philosophy iam just saying rarely i will have stinger on me and out and health situation to even use it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't you use impact hammer against good defenders?

As a FC, you can spam your rockets, and switch to mini for a moment, just to get from one
    place to another.
    Especially with how strong the flak and rockets are, defenders just use the translocator to jump over your head, and
    with a single shoot return the flag, even if you had cover.

Just because you can not use the translocator (FC), you need to move fast across the map and be
    less predictable, you can do so with the mini/impact/rockets.
    Sometimes, it is better to damage yourself even with 90 hp while using rocket to jump for a higher ground than to
    deal with 3 defenders using pulse.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it is impractical at best to play against good defender and have a stinger out and damage yourself, these work good against medicore teams or defenders but generally you will have yourself robbed of time or health ro perform any jumps with stinger except for the one long wall flight from blank podium to 100A and also that trick from +5 health vials are next to 100 to the shock rifle area is very useful

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for your comment.^^

It was actually my first movie ever. The first time I used Fraps and the first time I used video editor so I wanted to keep it simple.

As you mentioned, I played a lot of CTF matches as well, and I haven't seen it utilized like this, so I thought I would
    show some tricks, just to let people know what they can do with the secondary.

Frankly, if people will try to do some of those tricks, they will find it quite hard, so you must be right
    that this isn't really a tutorial video, but I use it all the time, and I think its important that people be aware it exists.
    Last edited by -onil-; 08-04-2016, 03:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I mean .. this is kind of things that should be in the official tutorials section so that all noobs (positive meaning) can learn this or at least be aware it exists. Really neat!
    Actually shard jumping was in one of the early tutorial videos. But the gist I remember was : "Look here. You can get onto a box in the middle of DM-Deck so that everyone can see you and shoot you!"

I've played a lot of CTF matches and just haven't seen it utilized like this.

The tutorial videos should start with the show, walk you through it, but really ought to include footage like this to showcase the full potential.
    Last edited by MÆST; 08-03-2016, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I mean .. this is kind of things that should be in the official tutorials section so that all noobs (positive meaning) can learn this or at least be aware it exists. Really neat!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Insane amount of tricks! This tops the infra's tricks videos. Riddick .. and you should see him play!
    I love this video! I might go as far as practice.
    i have seen him play as .

i just do not wear big fanboy pants like you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X