This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Frag Center

The Unreal Frag Center is about to go live! The Frag Center is a one-stop shop for highlight reels, news updates, streaming matches, and other UT information.

Our hope is that the FC will (eventually) become procedurally generated, a repository for your career highlights (replays of recent matches, memorable moments, and major accomplishments), a connection point between friends and followers ("your friend is streaming now", "the Eastern Invitational Tournament is streaming live") - as well as the basic news service. We want to see the Frag Center spread from the game to the launcher to the web, making UT available to you anywhere, anytime.

While we'll do our best to keep the news fresh and regularly updated, we want to stress that the content for the Frag Center is generated by you.

As we don't yet have a solution that allows you to securely upload content, we're asking that you start a thread in this forum and link us to your content. We'll be curating the video list by pulling things from the forums. Important note: If you add anything to the video, like a music track, please be sure that you own the rights to said music or we can't distribute it. You're welcome to use UT music, new music that you've created, or any other music that you have the rights to distribute.

Want to show off your Duel skills? Want to make a highlight reel of amazing shots or trick jumps? Want to make show off some great art? We can't wait to see it!

EDIT: There's now a scrolling news ticker at the bottom of the Frag Center screen. If there's important news or interesting links that we're not aware of, please let us know and we can update that as well.
    Last edited by Entropy; 06-01-2015, 12:47 PM.
    Jim Brown
    @EntropicDev
    Epic Games

Excellent idea and one that I plan on contributing to heavily, mainly because it's one of the few areas that I actually can contribute. I think this feature will be great for creating longevity for the game and growing the community. Can't wait to see it!
    Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
    Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
    Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder
    Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

Can we please have the Welcome video not be streamed? Can we also not have the frame streaming junk in the background when joining servers and stuff?
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
        Can we please have the Welcome video not be streamed? Can we also not have the frame streaming junk in the background when joining servers and stuff?
        I also think this would be an issue, not only for pings but game performance and download limits (don't forget us poor folk). Do some basic preventative fixes before first release as outlined above. It shouldn't auto play through the whole playlist, just the first intro vid which should be local.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Sounds like a mix of newsfeed with extended player profile.

Comment

Duel skills? There is no cups or anything yet ... please this is laughable... I haven't seen any pro duels being streamed except some stuff hypno played, and its prealpha stuff he is mostly abusing your mistakes if you haven't notice on purpose.
            Gameplay for duels is very broken atm! Even you said, noone should even play prealpha at this early stage and now you want people to show off skills. (makes alot of sense).

Comment

Man your posts are very arrogant sounding lately bass3. tbh it sounds like people aren't happy if epic ignores esports, and they're not happy if they start incorporating features to make it a bigger focus. big surprise with hardcore gamers, you can never please them.

They made that statement nearly a year ago about not playing the game. Now there has been lots of publicity and playtests, it's even the first option in the launcher. And you really think they don't want people to play it still?

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, bass, but that's better suited for the gameplay sections of the forums. Let's stay on topic please.

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                The videos don't start until you tell them to, so there's less loading/hitching, and (as Henrik said) no problem for people with bandwidth limits. We're also adding an option to enable auto streaming for those people who do want the vids to play automatically.

We'll stop vids from streaming when they're not the active window, feature coming soon.
                Last edited by Entropy; 05-21-2015, 10:58 AM.
                Jim Brown
                @EntropicDev
                Epic Games

Comment

This is actually great news! UT always lacked this kind of support in the past.. and it was soo important. Looking forward to this =) Seems extremely promising :]

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                    Man your posts are very arrogant sounding lately bass3.
                    Yeah I know , I am just pointing out obvious sorry for being arrogant wasn't my intention, all I wanted to say that game is still in prealpha stage and there is no skills specially in duel, when there is no cups or professional gaming and tricks to show until game is polished and finished, cause every build things change, updates will remove tricks you could do before, remember you could dodge around walls endlessly before? .
                    He could simply post, help us test frag center, upload small segments of your gameplay that you and other players find interesting, funny or something else, upoad as many as you can since we want to stress the game, or something like that. Hope its easier too understand me now :P.

Comment

I love the idea of Frag Center, especially the interspersed videos of UT lore. I see it being tough for the community to make videos/matinees like the Nahkti Ascention Rites initially due to current lack of characters and content that could be animated (I don't see people modeling characters just to do matinees). Looking forward to see more of that from both Epic and the community when the content is available though!
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

cant wait to do more content ! if anyone gets some sick frags and or killing streaks let me know i love to feature it in top 5 unreal plays
                        Shoutcaster/Commentator
                        Progamer for Team-dignitas
                        10 years worth of e-sports experience

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                          Thanks for the feedback, bass, but that's better suited for the gameplay sections of the forums. Let's stay on topic please.

The videos don't start until you tell them to, so there's less loading/hitching, and (as Henrik said) no problem for people with bandwidth limits. We're also adding an option to enable auto streaming for those people who do want the vids to play automatically.

We'll stop vids from streaming when they're not the active window, feature coming soon.
                          Thanks, I think the Welcome video might be important to show which is why it would be nice if it wasn't streamed and auto played, at least the first time the game was opened.
                          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

So I take it that this Frag Center is not live yet? I don't see it in the launcher. I made a highlight reel of a CTF game I was in the other night, and was thinking of sharing it, but not sure where I'm suppose to post it. I guess just start a thread. I'm a little hesitant to post it, just because my skill level isn't that good. This would be the first frag video I have ever made, so it might not be what your looking for.

@Zaccubus
                            What software do you use to make your videos. I see you highlight things in your video, and I would like to do that, but don't know how. I just started using Pinnacle Studio 18 Plus, so its going to take me time to get good with it. Do you record your video with the demo player or with a game capture device? Any help will be appreciated.
                            YouTube Channel

Comment

Everyone is at different levels in this game its nothing to be ashamed if you think it had merit maybe others will to and no one will judge you because its not on a pro level.
                              i use shadow play or fraps to record raw footage then edit using
                              after effects / sony vegas / photoshop / audition,
                              Last edited by Zaccubus; 05-21-2015, 04:07 PM.
                              Shoutcaster/Commentator
                              Progamer for Team-dignitas
                              10 years worth of e-sports experience

Comment

Working...
                              X