Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@bass3 - I disagree wholeheartedly. The game doesn't need to be finished to be testing and fine-tuning these features. How else are we going to refine the Frag Center if it isn't implemented until the game is "done"? Yes, much of the content will be obsolete as the gameplay changes, but it's not the content that is important right now, it's the execution of it and how we access it. Regardless, that content will inevitably be replaced by newer, better content anyways. Take Zaccubus' tutorial videos. I'm sure he's well aware that many of them will need to be revised in the future if substantial changes are made that affect the original material, but that's just accepted at this point. It's part of the work of building a new game.

@Zaccubus - I will try to do more raw gameplay recording to send you some footage for your highlight videos. At the moment all I have is stream footage which isn't high quality enough for frag videos imo.

@Kronos - No it's not live yet. I believe it will be released in the next build though. As far as movie making, most people use something like Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas for video editing purposes. Regarding game capture, there several software options you can use including Fraps, Dxtory, Bandicam, Shadowplay, or even Open Broadcaster Software. I personally use Shadowplay and I highly recommend it if you're an Nvidia card owner as you can capture at full resolution 60fps with very little effect to your system performance.
    Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
    Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
    Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder
    Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

some stream footage can be good and useful tbh for same the top 5 plays, but for a full lengh frag video raws would be a much better and weapon models Helps alot as well
      Shoutcaster/Commentator
      Progamer for Team-dignitas
      10 years worth of e-sports experience

Comment

Thanks for the reply Zaccubus and m3ss. Sorry m3ss I was just curious on what people are using. I have been using the Elgato game capture HD device for a year or two now, not sure if its 60fps though. I do have the shadowplay, maybe I'll try that too. The one thing that sucks about the Elgato is it uses HDMI sound, so I'm forced to use the monitor speakers. Does Sony Vegas have slow motion? Anyways thanks for the help guys.
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
          Thanks, I think the Welcome video might be important to show which is why it would be nice if it wasn't streamed and auto played, at least the first time the game was opened.
          Absolutely agree. We'll want to distribute the welcome video and any other long term videos with the build. BTW, we also welcome help with the web page functionality.

Comment

yea sony vegas does m8
            Shoutcaster/Commentator
            Progamer for Team-dignitas
            10 years worth of e-sports experience

Comment

Quick question: Are you looking for a new thread for each individual piece of content or clip, or would it better to have a "catch-all" thread for each person's content? For now I'm going to start a stream highlights thread as that's where most of my clips will be coming from at the moment. Let me know what would be best/easiest for you all.
              Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
              Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
              Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder

Comment

Originally posted by m3ss View Post
                Quick question: Are you looking for a new thread for each individual piece of content or clip, or would it better to have a "catch-all" thread for each person's content? For now I'm going to start a stream highlights thread as that's where most of my clips will be coming from at the moment. Let me know what would be best/easiest for you all.
                I was wondering the same thing. I guess anyone who wants to submit content would be best off making 1 thread and updating periodically.
                http://www.youtube.com/DrewTangNYC
                http://www.twitch.tv/drewtang

Comment

Some super talented and awesome person should put up a tutorial on capturing, editing and uploading this content.

Comment

Originally posted by m3ss View Post
                    Quick question: Are you looking for a new thread for each individual piece of content or clip, or would it better to have a "catch-all" thread for each person's content?
                    New threads for each will be the most likely to get noticed. It might make sense to keep updating a single thread if you have recurring / episodic content, but eventually those threads will grow out of control and be more difficult to manage should they go off topic, etc.
                    Jim Brown
                    @EntropicDev
                    Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                      Some super talented and awesome person should put up a tutorial on capturing, editing and uploading this content.
                      I can do this later maybe.

Comment

Top 5 submission here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx1spj7vs2...8-clp.mp4?dl=0

Comment

One thing i noticed was that the scrolling text was a little jerky.

Other than that i think Fragcenter is brilliant as an idea and implementation.

Comment

The majority of this content belongs on a separate 'tab' in-game, and/or in launcher. I don't think it's "bad" per se to have it available in-game, but it detracts from a path that should lead to gameplay once you've launched the game imho. In fact a tabbed interface for the game menus in general would make a lot of sense, then you can have some of the twitter/video content 'highlighted' on the main page with just thumbnails that take you to the actual 'fragcenter' game tab or whatever... this is just imho.

Certainly I agree with Brizz, the autoplay for welcome video is annoying and there should be a proper background page for joining servers & map downloads:

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                            Can we please have the Welcome video not be streamed? Can we also not have the frame streaming junk in the background when joining servers and stuff?
                            Right now I get a total hang on both of my machines that have UT4 installed, cleaned logs and let it fill close to 16GB ram before force quitting the task. Nothing occurs in the log once the game stops responding to UI, but maps tend to be downloaded and the game just chews up all available ram:

UnrealTournament.zip

Comment

If I play the "main" video in frag center, I am pretty much screwed. The video plays fine, but if I pause it, alt tab, or even click outside the video, things pretty much lock up and I have to kill everything through task manager. I have a pretty decent system, so it's not a resource issue.

Comment

Ah i see, that's why most of the video's don't make it to the ut ingame page cause of the music !

put some free to use music on my second movie
                                ut4 @ ESL
                                skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
                                usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
                                skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

Comment

Working...
                                X