This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TUTORIAL] How to record Footage in Unreal tournament

A lot of people been asking me how to record footage for top 5 unreal plays so quick made this video up show the best ways.

Shoutcaster/Commentator
    Progamer for Team-dignitas
    10 years worth of e-sports experience
    Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

plays.tv is really nice and doesnt overload your pc
    ut4 @ ESL
    skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
    usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
    skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

Comment

Using Shadowplay since release and this Nvidia tool is just perfect

Comment

i just downloaded plays.tv and dont get it working with ut4 for any reason, if im ingame it doesnt seems to start up, i dont get that little keybind window and the keybinds doesnt work aswell, but work very fine in other games
        quality is pretty good
        http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps2f16tzn5.png

Comment

Since I learned about Shadowplay, I can barely play without it for fear of missing some good material, it's that unobtrusive and intuitive, which surprised me a lot.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
            Since I learned about Shadowplay, I can barely play without it for fear of missing some good material, it's that unobtrusive and intuitive, which surprised me a lot.
            It's amazing.

Comment

After watching the video, I've only used Shadowplay. The shadow time feature is amazing.

Unfortunately I occasionally get graphic driver crashes and they might be related to shadowplay (it's beta), after crash recovery I need reboot in order to shadowplay to work.
              UT ingame alias: nukkuj
              Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

i have the same issue sometimes as well nukkuj
                Shoutcaster/Commentator
                Progamer for Team-dignitas
                10 years worth of e-sports experience
                Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

The only time I get driver and game crashes is on Outpost, but it happens 100% of the time. Sometimes it's minutes in, other times it's immediate.
                  http://www.youtube.com/DrewTangNYC
                  http://www.twitch.tv/drewtang

Comment

Shadowplay has functioned flawlessly for me, aside from the fact that sometimes it spits out an hour long clip (which is duplicating the smaller clips I took plus extraneous footage I don't need).

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

If anyone want to record gameplay video on Linux, check this program:
                      Originally posted by SgtRenny View Post
                      I'm using Simple Screen Recorder for over a year now and it's an awesome piece of software. Much more powerful than many similar programs on windows.

Haven't tried it with resolutions higher than 1920x1080 but it's very efficient in full-hd, much more than fraps at least.

Install instructions are on the website I linked above, there are some video tutorials on youtube as well.
                      P.S. Wut? Why is this not sticky? Fixed.
                      "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                      - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I used Plays.tv after watching this tutorial (thanks Zaccubus). Easy to use, very low impact on performance and great quality recording.

But after a new install of Windows and only UT4 i could not record anymore (also no hud overlay) with plays.tv. I tried every setting and it just did not work.

I finally found out... > i installed Steam and now my Plays.tv is working perfectly (don't ask me why but im 100% sure this is fixed it for me).

Hope this will help someone.

Maybe kyaxiz ?

Comment

I also can't get Plays.tv to work with UT4. I have steam installed and running (although there's no connection to UT4 in steam).
                          Last edited by Smurgl; 11-21-2015, 12:24 PM.
                          Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Shadowplay best.
                            You can even set it for 1 minute or 2 on shadow mode and when action happens press whatever key to save video and it doesnt use up much space. You dont even need 5 min or 10 or more.

Comment

I've tried plays.tv before and it worked but it often caused driver crashes, so I stopped using it. Now with the new crimson driver I gave it another try, but it doesn't recognize the game anymore, nor does Raptr.
                              I guess I'll have to wait for ut's built-in demorecording.

Comment

Working...
                              X