Controlling AI with voice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling AI with voice

Controlling AI with microphone. Using voice to perform in game commands, like speech recognition. For example gamer says char name(like "Lauren") and then command he wishes that she perform.
    Complete command will be for example "Lauren Attack". You can see the concept....

Or/and advanced voice recognition with AI responses, like taunting certain player so he responds an taunts or teammate responds an compliments.
    If you taunt without saying char name it would go an last player killed...

It would be nice to have such option in the game.

I think they wanted to do this in UT3. I think it'd be a neat idea.

Comment

#1 voice command I need: "Drop the danged flag you stupid bot!"
      I went by B0T0X in UT2k4, BoboTheBrave in UT3. If you remember me, send me a PM!

Remember? I was the one running backward with the flag!

Comment

This was done in UT2004, however voice recognition technologies back then were lackluster. And, as far as I know, local (as opposed to cloud) software solutions are still not effective enough.
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

No ****, bull the voice recognition was lackluster, I have 2004 and I remember thoroughly playing 2004 back in 2004, the voice commands where UNBELIEVABLE I can not believe they haven't been implemented in another game, IDK if I got lucky and had good pronunciation and a good recognizable voice pattern but I distinctly remember running 5v5 bot matches and handing out maddddd voice commands to multiple bots on my team who would then perfectly proceed to follow my commands. Like they had a tonne of different options for the A.I commands and this made the whole button "issue" disappear. I remember being able to command A.I to follow me, hang back, cover an area, roam and I'm pretty sure quite a few others, it was well organized assigning A.I typical Alpha, beta call signs to make speech recognition easier, it was simple to understand as I was 14 if not younger when I was playing and was able to set it up by myself with a crappy stick mic. A **** SHAME this has not been used in more games, I've seen it in like some xbox 360 RTS forget the name, but just that aspect alone made me want to play the game (it was garbage in all other aspects so never persued) I never did but besides the point. Can't believe epic is dropping unreal for their cult like fortnite b.s. cmon guys fornite will literally run itself now you're beyond where you need to be with a game, ****ing you got W.O.W status now finish strong and crumble gamergate with some good old classic gamer values....
          NO MICROTRANSACTIONS, AN OPTIONAL COOP CAMPAIGN, CAMPAIGN WITH BEGINNING AND END (MAYBE 1 MAJOR EXPANSION ****1****) and HOURS OF GOOD FUN! If you bust something similar to the structure of guild wars, with the gameplay of UT2004/COD1(UO) and maybe put in an OFFICIAL invasion mode you'd have another W.O.W/Forknife on your hands.

Comment

Working...
          X