Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What UT doesn't need. An essay.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Zoddom View Post
    have you ever heard anyone saying "Naaah that game doesn't have achievements, it's ****, I won't play it?". The oppisite however is heard very often.
    I don't mind achievements they're a bit of harmless fun. They are not the entire focus of my gaming experience and of course I play games that don't have them, and don't miss them.

    Am I right in thinking that you are saying that people "very often" say "I won't play this game because it has achievements"?
    Can't they just ignore the achievements if they're not into that stuff?
    How does other players enjoying obtaining achievements detract from their game?

    Comment


      Originally posted by Vasteel View Post
      They are not the entire focus of my gaming experience and of course I play games that don't have them, and don't miss them.
      Thats jsut what I wanted to explain in this thread. You say you dont miss them in games that dont have them. So, are they necessary?

      Originally posted by Vasteel View Post
      Am I right in thinking that you are saying that people "very often" say "I won't play this game because it has achievements"?
      Well that was a bit exaggerated. Its rather like for example I play Mechwarrior Online for some time now, it always was a very professional and serious game to me, and after a bit of a break lastly, I got back to it yesterday, installed a patch, and while I was playing theres suddenly a ******* achievement message popping up on my screen. After that match I quit. Seeing that theyve implemented achievments just destroyed the image of a professional and serious game that it had to me.
      veritas filia temporis

      Comment


        Originally posted by mastermanaic View Post
        I lol'd. The "needs of a modern gamer." That was... well, it was funny.

        You want your stupid, pointless, asinine little "achievements?" I don't care, just so long as there's an option to disable all notification of them and make it so that those who don't care or actively hate the sheer pointlessness of them don't even have to be aware of their existence.

        "Needs of the modern gamer." Oh my God.



        EDIT:

        This. Oh dear Lord, this. I had completely forgotten about TF2 and its "achievements." Servers CONSTANTLY became "achievement farms" in which players would do NOTHING but sit there and mine achievements oh God kill it kill it with fire.

        The answer is NO. No "achievements." None. Nada. Full stop. Get that **** the HECK out of my skill-based arena shooter.

        Nobody cares about your 5000 headshots. Nobody cares about your 50 hours of play, or your ability to press a button in a menu (It's A Barbie World! -50g Equipped a Hat). Nobody cares about things you are NATURALLY going to "achieve" over the course of normal play like everyone else. Make it die and go away. Stopping this awful awful fail train of game development should start with games like the new UT specifically not helping to facilitate it.
        You hate it. We get it.

        If it'll be in the game. Suck it.

        If not, lucky you.

        End of discussion.

        Comment


          The same BS "what it doesn't need" arguments from the same spammy, loud mouthed, I-know-what's best purist LETS GO BACK TO 99 crowd. All the same names, all the same arguments, made over and over again, as fast as they can type over any one else's logical contributions and ideas.
          They want a game that appeals to their little handful, and will gripe and complain if anyone else gets ANYTHING they would like to see, because they think they are somehow, inexplicably...elite.
          Protocol is our alt-fire function.

          Comment


            Originally posted by 2Na View Post
            The same BS "what it doesn't need" arguments from the same spammy, loud mouthed, I-know-what's best purist LETS GO BACK TO 99 crowd. All the same names, all the same arguments, made over and over again, as fast as they can type over any one else's logical contributions and ideas.
            They want a game that appeals to their little handful, and will gripe and complain if anyone else gets ANYTHING they would like to see, because they think they are somehow, inexplicably...elite.
            Beat that dead horse, baby! Beat it!

            Comment


              Except that I stated logical contributions and ideas and you achievement-fans failed to counter them.
              veritas filia temporis

              Comment


                I fully understand the high degree of risk if I order essays on the Internet. My university uses plagiarism software. This site https://studymoose.com/education, however, claims to write completely original essays and claims that they check the work for plagiarism. Of course, I can then register on the same site that is used by the university (turnitin.com), and pay to check my work for plagiarism. I will definitely do this to know that this is an original work. But still, can you recommend them?

                Comment

                Working...
                X