• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by van Kuss View Post
    These hundreds of players are looking for another kind of game
    Amen. Truth right there.

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
      Unreal Tournament didnt become popular with vehicles, it died with vehicles.
      I disagree. While I was certainly one of the people that raised both eyebrowes when I heard about onslought, I am also one of the people that were staggered and surprised by the way it was done. It was one of the things that made 2k4 to the most content packed/polished games in vidya history ( I know repeat myself, but I think Epic deserves more credit for it than the hate it gets, and we would be lucky if this new UT has even half the content it had). While I certainly could do without it in a new installment, I certainly also wouldn't mind it being there (as long as the consoleboar...hoverboard isn't included, that is).
      It didn't "distract" from the normal weapons game and I really don't understand the hate.
      On the other hand the Battlefield "crowd" is not really what I would want to attract. It's a slippery slope, but definitely not something one should disregard by default.

Originally posted by INFIN1TY View Post
      Amen. Truth right there.
      No it's quite ignorant actually. The onslought community is as well a part of the franchise as you lot.
      Last edited by raeg; 05-13-2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoddom View Post
        okay, I just repeat that I strongly disagree with "luring" new players into the game with stuff that isn't really useful. It adds nothing to the game and wastes ressources.
        additionally, I just dont understand how anyone could believe that achievements would really keep someone playing. I wouldn't be surprised if this already has been scientifically proven.
        Achievemts are just the sign of the degrading of the quality of gaming.
        http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/...o-achievements
        Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
          So when I say vehicles were the death of Unreal Tournament, they really were. They coddled players by creating safe zones and never needed to grow their skills. They bored players in that they didnt grow there skill sets, so all they knew were vehicles. This led to a rapidly declining game population.
          You forget that it doesnt only create a "safezone" but it also actively splits the game community. Its just two completely different games and there will be some wo like to play with vehicles and some who dont. So why dont they just stick to another GAME with vehicles like BF, WoT, WT, MWO (which all have faaar better gameplay when it comes to vehicles) etc. rather then split this gaming community apart?

Well just posting a link here wont explain much. This source just states that "achievements" are a natural need, but it doesnt answer the question if you really feel like you achieved something when you get 5000 total headshost. I doubt it.
          veritas filia temporis

Comment

Well just posting a link here wont explain much. This source just states that "achievements" are a natural need, but it doesnt answer the question if you really feel like you achieved something when you get 5000 total headshost. I doubt it.
            If the achievements were personal, as in only you could see them, lots of people would be upset. It's just a show off. Honestly I don't need anything like that, but people must feel the need to make this game similar to other FPS (well this is an arena shooter but people here forgets it) and more noob friendly (they could hurt themselves!) by adding all these useless things. Some guy wants to work on a MOBA game mode. Really?

Comment

If the achievements were personal, as in only you could see them, lots of people would be upset. It's just a show off. Honestly I don't need anything like that, but people must feel the need to make this game similar to other FPS (well this is an arena shooter but people here forgets it) and more noob friendly (they could hurt themselves!) by adding all these useless things. Some guy wants to work on a MOBA game mode. Really?
              instead of achievements then, make easily to view stats/ranking. Instead of people showing off that they got some random number of total headshots, show off that they have a 2.00 KD ratio, or captured 3219 flags, or are ranked in the top 1000 of all players. Achievements for accomplishing mundane none note worthy tasks like 500 headshots is the equivalent of our cry baby society in that everyone who plays sports should get a trophy.
              PayBack

Comment

Yup, I'm more for statistics. The thing is, even in this case they won't reflect anything important. Kill death ratio? Is it important in games like Assault? Flags captured, is that important for the guys more skilled in defensing? Etc. etc.
                If instead you're talking about stats in a precise environment (let's say in all 1vs1 or DM team) then it'd make more sense, but since the nature of UT they don't work at all, they're just another useless thing to please people.

So as I was saying, if there's some sort of competitive play/ranked system or whatever, the stats should work only on that (and would make perfect sense).

Comment

I fully agree. I just makes no sense to collect "public" stats. It is not supposed to be a game where you only play "public" unlike WoT/BF/CoD or even CSGO.

But then, for competitive I would appreciate a statistic with full information. one statistic per gamemode/discipline. K/D, accuracy, captures, defends, avarage stats per match etc.
                  veritas filia temporis

Comment

Stats should be categorized

Player
                    Overall
                    Code:
                    -> Assault -> CUP
                                   -> iAS
                                   -> ETC

-> TDM     -> iTDM
                                 -> modTDM (etc)

-> CTF      -> VCTF
                                 -> iCTF
                    etc, giving people a way to look at a players stats in his preferred game-type, verses overall stats in one where maybe he goes to mess around (me with bunnytracks for example, i had a historically great KDR, but if bunnytrack deaths were merged into it, it would be terrible.)

Comment

Yup, I'm more for statistics. The thing is, even in this case they won't reflect anything important. Kill death ratio? Is it important in games like Assault? Flags captured, is that important for the guys more skilled in defensing? Etc. etc.
                      If instead you're talking about stats in a precise environment (let's say in all 1vs1 or DM team) then it'd make more sense, but since the nature of UT they don't work at all, they're just another useless thing to please people.

So as I was saying, if there's some sort of competitive play/ranked system or whatever, the stats should work only on that (and would make perfect sense).
                      So you're FOR statistics but AGAINST achievements? That makes no sense. An Achievement is just a collection of statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by starman View Post
                        So you're FOR statistics but AGAINST achievements? That makes no sense. An Achievement is just a collection of statistics.
                        I think what he means is he is for skill based statistics in competitive play. Not rewards like flashy banners or avatars, but just if you are in a match and someone joins, you should be able to figure out the skill level of the player very easily by looking up game stats.
                        PayBack

Comment

Lol? What kind of achievement are you talking about? I'm talking about when I meet a skilled player I don't want to see its medal "10 headshots in a game"
                          What do you mean exactly by achievements? There might be a misunderstood

And I'm for statistics but only in certain aspects

Comment

Lol? What kind of achievement are you talking about? I'm talking about when I meet a skilled player I don't want to see its medal "10 headshots in a game"
                            What do you mean exactly by achievements? There might be a misunderstood

And I'm for statistics but only in certain aspects
                            Do you mean you don't want to see HIS medal? I don't know what "its medal" means. You don't have to see his medals, you only see your own.

Comment

Do you mean you don't want to see HIS medal? I don't know what "its medal" means. You don't have to see his medals, you only see your own.
                              English is my third language so pardon, and don't be that guy because you understood it ^^
                              If I only see my own medal and can't see the other guys one, why make them in first place?

Comment

I agree with pretty much everything Zoddom said. Although I think achievements and custom players (within reason) would be a cool addition.

Comment

Working...
                                X