Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow telefrag against a player with the shield belt if TL player has UDamage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow telefrag against a player with the shield belt if TL player has UDamage?

I was keeping an eye on yesterday's OwnedWell tournament games and there was a moment when a player with UDamage tried to telefrag an enemy with a Shieldbelt with the usual result of getting himself telefragged. I think this is the case where it might be a cool exception, with attack powerup negating defense powerup.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Not a bad exception to the rule if you ask me.
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Seems reasonable.

Comment

Yeah that was me, and I was ******. He got my amp and he walked away untouched... it swung the momentum completely in the other teams favor.

Translocating people is already hard enough... and now there is no reward for doing it.
        Last edited by banks334; 10-27-2015, 09:32 AM.

Comment

seems right to me

Comment

Not a bad idea, its a very limited situation but one that should be accounted for. This kinda brings up the idea then, should maybe the Udamage be a 100% counter to the shield belt? If someone with the udamage shoots someone with the shield belt, the project does zero damage to the belt but kills the player forcing them to drop the belt? This would allow someone with udamage to steal the belt.
            PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
              Not a bad idea, its a very limited situation but one that should be accounted for. This kinda brings up the idea then, should maybe the Udamage be a 100% counter to the shield belt? If someone with the udamage shoots someone with the shield belt, the project does zero damage to the belt but kills the player forcing them to drop the belt? This would allow someone with udamage to steal the belt.

Horrible ideas. Why break what was never broken? Keep it simple. A telefrag trumps all. Cheap you might say? Not really considering how difficult it is to get a telefrag.

Seriously though, I get a telefrag, I die, and the enemy gets my amp. That makes no sense. At the very least I should live, keep my amp, and the enemy should lose belt (for being FRAGGED). No penalty should come to the freaking person who got the frag!

Comment

This sounds reasonable, if you die on the belt player they get the amp completely free.

I've actually had a situation in game where both me and an opposing player had belts and I tried to telefrag them and I died because they had belt. I was sad.

Comment

I actually like the idea of telefragging to steal the enemy belt. Getting a telefrag is quite tricky and you should be awarded for that, not punished because the enemy happened to have a specific item...
                  DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
                  My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
                  My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
                    Not a bad idea, its a very limited situation but one that should be accounted for. This kinda brings up the idea then, should maybe the Udamage be a 100% counter to the shield belt?
                    If you can telegfrag a Shieldbelt-wearing player, it already makes UDamage a 100% counter.
                    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Working...
                    X