Scoreboards & User Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Scoreboards & User Profiles

I think everybody knows that the end of game scoreboards just aren't very good, but I'd like to offer a suggestion. I think it's a good idea to highlight things such as the top attacker, defender, (most kills per weapon would be good too like in UT3) etc but I'd like to be able to quickly see how people did what they did at a glance and how they compare to others.

For example, it would be great to see if a player got his points from things like:
    • Killing the flag carrier
    • Scoring lots of frags
    • Collecting lots of armour
    • Scoring lots of caps
    • Covering well

Etc... We do have that, but it's not very user friendly.

I think the best way to do this would be to have the Left & Right keys scroll through the individuals and then have bars showing their relative performance in each category, e.g.

The bit I'm focusing on is the bar area and this is from a random game that I could get some stats from.

Each bar has your score relative to the best on the map. This are also markers for the best player on the blue team and the best on red team. Hovering over the markers should show the score and the player(s).

You can see that it's viewing my stats and I got 6.08 score per minute, which is about 1/2 what the best player on red got and the best on blue got a bit higher than me (around 8.5).

For efficiency, the bar is all the way full and the blue marker is right at the end - that means that I was the one who got the highest score on the map as a whole.

For kills, the bar is full again and you can see that I was top of the blue team and red were not far behind.

For deaths, I had the least at 21, but someone on red had even lower deaths.

Here is what scrolling would do - the player name changes and the bars re-size to show the differences.

In this case, RPG scored more points per minute but had slightly worse fragging stats.

In terms of colour-coding, the bars could be by section or just colour the bar as to which team did the best. This would give an overview again of which areas each team were best at.

I'd like to see these scores, caps/flag returns, etc along with armour collection to sort of "profile" what a player has done during the match.

I'd also like to see stuff like this in the stats pages. At the moment, the stats page lists "Overall Stats" but I'd love to filter by game type to see how K ratio, weapon use, armour pickups changes.

I think it would also be great to see some averages, e.g. assists per minute, caps per minute, flag pickups per minute. Then display then as bar charts so that, at a glance, you could see the players' style of play - e.g. attacking, defensive, support, weapon usage %, rate of armour pickups, etc.

This would make the stats more colourful and interesting to read.

What do you think?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Smurgl; 12-08-2015, 09:20 AM.
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

hey man

cool idea + i like it a lot

our current rating system suc ks big time imho
    would be cool to get rewarded by your own skill (i.e. doing lots of kills,having a good kill/death ratio, least deaths, efficiency, item s like (times belt + 100 + 50+amp etc taken)

right now it doesnt matter if you carry your team - if you lose the match - you will lose rating
    so it doesnt matter if youre good or not - you dont need skill - you just have to be in the winning team - thats it...
    HEY KIDS LETS MEET AT THE FLAK SPAWN FOR A ****** PARTY !

Comment

Hey Seeboo

Thanks for the reply - it took me ages to make those images. Hehe

I totally agree on the ratings front. I keep changing teams to balance things out and dropped in CTF to something like 1450. I wasn't sure if something changed as I didn't feel particularly like I was winning more games but went very quickly up to 1600 - after the podcast where they said this was being looked at. Maybe I just don't notice when I win or lose enough!

I always thought that the UT99 stats were based on some sort of average against the opponents that you played against (both score and kill to death ratio with some multiplier based on ELO). So if you played really well against a really good player you'd get a good boost.

At the moment, it seems like everyone who doesn't do Duel is locked on Silver 9 too. I'm sure that can't be right!
      Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Originally posted by Smurgl View Post
        Hey Seeboo

Thanks for the reply - it took me ages to make those images. Hehe

I totally agree on the ratings front. I keep changing teams to balance things out and dropped in CTF to something like 1450. I wasn't sure if something changed as I didn't feel particularly like I was winning more games but went very quickly up to 1600 - after the podcast where they said this was being looked at. Maybe I just don't notice when I win or lose enough!

I always thought that the UT99 stats were based on some sort of average against the opponents that you played against (both score and kill to death ratio with some multiplier based on ELO). So if you played really well against a really good player you'd get a good boost.

At the moment, it seems like everyone who doesn't do Duel is locked on Silver 9 too. I'm sure that can't be right!
        I must admit that i would prefer your way of a stat / hud / improvement

and i also have to say that (just to clarify things)
        its bronze9 (what you call silver)
        silver rank (what you might call gold?)
        and gold (the blue ones)

just to sort things out

then i dont agree on the last part - there are players out there who can reach higher (silver ranks) just by playing TDM or CTF (99er´z.craige for example is silver 5 just by playing TDM)
        its hard to push up the ranks beyond bronze 9 but its possible

ofc they should tweak it because right now its clearly impossible to reach anything higher than silver 7 just by playing TDM or CTF -as you noticed - the easiest way to rank up is to duel (and thats true)

sad but true yeah

hopefully they will change/fix that
        but god knows what they are doing next (after doing 7vs7 TDM ive lost my faith completely to epic)
        HEY KIDS LETS MEET AT THE FLAK SPAWN FOR A ****** PARTY !

Comment

very cool

I linked to this thread from my topic in the general forum
          https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...appening-in-UT
          Last edited by h1sto-; 12-11-2015, 01:23 AM.
          "History is written by the victors"

Comment

Working...
          X