Unreal Prime Weapons Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
    I don't find Flak weak whatsoever, I really like how it is currently in Wail's version.
    I didn't clarify very well. I meant the flak secondary splash not primary fire. The splash damages of those weapons feel off. Rocket splash, flak secondary splash, shock combo radius. Yes the primary flak feels great.

BTW, i also wouldn't complain if the shock ball was still a little bigger.
    Ðarth|UA|
    Youtube

Come play CTF and Elimination Pick Up Games (PUGS) with us at: https://discord.gg/BbPPCBx . You can also go to http://ut4pugs.us Hope to see you all there!

Comment

OMG for the first time i have seen 6 pack loaded in UT4, its amazing, at last !!! only the weapon model doesn't seem like being able to load 6 rockets but still its awesome
      UT - visionary
      just do it = epic win

Comment

i played and u really need to get used to it, flak is bad imo but rest are respectable, especially rockets, feels so much more fluid. as sulaco said if i were to trade stock weapons for wail's one i'd take would be rockets and even thought i like shock i don think we need more powerfull shock in ut just balance other weaps around it now and we will be good to go.

Comment

Hi, I am not able to join any game at Unreal Prime hubs.

It downloads some stuff, then some other and another but after all it just drops me back to main menu (home). When I try to reconnect to the very same game, I just land on home screen again.

Is there anything specific I need to do to be able to play there?

Thanks.

EDIT: Since my recent attempt to join, I am able to use Hitsounds and other mutators in my private custom games with bots so download works for sure.
          Last edited by Rainmaker_CZ; 03-09-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Does it work if you join the hub first?

Comment

Since last update, shock's combo visual effect is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAK07 View Post
                Since last update, shock's combo visual effect is broken.
                Yeah I'm aware. New build broke that functionality. I have a fixed / updated version but need to get it on the servers. (Rushbase is also broken unfortunately, which is slowing things down.)
                Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by [SbD]CpTKebab View Post
                  Does it work if you join the hub first?
                  Tested. Not really. I get a download of a map then looks like it is loading up the map, I see a glimpse of lowres objects at 0,0,0 coords, then the game goes back to main menu background and starts an attempt to download this thing on attached cropped screenshot.

Downloading all content on the hub might be an option but I have to test it tomorrow.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Played several duels with the wail weapons yesterday. Neither one of us were hearing audio cues to indicate the other was loading rockets. I think there needs to be a loud rocket loading sound when loading rockets.

Comment

Originally posted by legionz View Post
                      Played several duels with the wail weapons yesterday. Neither one of us were hearing audio cues to indicate the other was loading rockets. I think there needs to be a loud rocket loading sound when loading rockets.
                      I'll increase the volume but the engine currently has an awesome tendency to not play sounds, or only plays certain frequencies of sounds. I can't do anything about that kind of junk. Audio has consistently been poor in this game but the 4.11 update introduced all kinds of fun new problems.
                      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                        I'll increase the volume but the engine currently has an awesome tendency to not play sounds, or only plays certain frequencies of sounds. I can't do anything about that kind of junk. Audio has consistently been poor in this game but the 4.11 update introduced all kinds of fun new problems.
                        Ah. It might have been an engine issue then. In any case, rocket loading is a sound that I think should loud, unmistakeable, stop you in your tracks, stealthless, etc.

Comment

Other fire sounds are low. For example, flak primary give the feeling to fire foam balls.

These kind of details impact the perception of UP weapons.

I think you should use epic sounds so that we stay focused on the gameplay.
                          Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                          https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                          http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                          Discord PUG Community

Comment

i think wail's rl in epics rl out, rest of the weapon still not sure about.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
                              i think wail's rl in epics rl out, rest of the weapon still not sure about.
                              I just had a few duels using Wail's weapons and the trident rocket launcher is my favourite.
                              [MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION] where did you get the firing sound from?
                              Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
                                I just had a few duels using Wail's weapons and the trident rocket launcher is my favourite.
                                [MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION] where did you get the firing sound from?
                                All of the audio I've been using is from past Unreal games. Trident Rocket Launcher uses audio from 2k4's Rocket Launcher.

Originally posted by Cunni View Post
                                Other fire sounds are low. For example, flak primary give the feeling to fire foam balls.
                                I'm sorry that you don't like how a Flak Cannon sounds. The audio I'm using is from the original UT. That audio is definitive for the weapon, and to me sounds better and more dangerous than anything Epic has used.

Comment

Working...
                                X