No announcement yet.

Unreal Prime Weapons Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! Thank you thank you THANK YOU for having a West Coast server! I will be trying these out tonight, or tomorrow night. I can't wait!

Comment

This may bring me back ingame again, whenever I'm not too busy with rest of my life. The weapon gameplay has really a lackluster feel which makes you lose interest quickly in the official build, perhaps it will feel great to first impressions for new players to be able to kill a guy or two but it has too flat skill curve for my tastes so you quickly get bored of the random kills happening all the time. With Wail's weapon balance again if you move appropriately and use the weapons correctly, you usually overcome the opponent, in the official epic build, it's not really always the case, there's too many cases where there's too little you can do about the situations, jumping into a close battle for example is like a roulette that ends in an instant and the outcome feels often too random. Not so much in Wail's weapon balance.
      Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 02-15-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cunni View Post
        @cafe, some custom maps for duel would be great. Erase, Mimic, protacted, deep.alpha. thanks man

@wail, +1 with flik s request. A recap of damage per weapon would be nice.

Can someone politely ask zaccubus to make some vids of how to use wails new weapons? seeing as they're used just about as much as the official load out

Comment

"it has too flat skill curve" RPGWIZARD I dont see you getting gold9 rank...

Anyhow. I was really excited when i read this announcement, but after 7-8 game i had to realize I wouldnt trade ANY weapon from the offi build to these. I trying to be nice here, since im sure you put a lot of work into this, but god it was misplaced
          All i see a lot of wannabe 2k4/ut1 weapons. Okay, lets be fair, the sniper, the shock and a shaft is okay. Is it better then the offi?, not at all. Btw how do you expect proper opinions on weapons if you put movement mutator aswell? Since these 2 are closely related...

P.S I liked the shards and added vials on asdf tho
          Last edited by Sulaco; 02-15-2016, 03:08 PM.
          "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Comment

Originally posted by Sulaco View Post
            "it has too flat skill curve" RPGWIZARD I dont see you getting gold9 rank...

Anyhow. I was really excited when i read this announcement, but after 7-8 game i had to realize I wouldnt trade ANY weapon from the offi build to these. I trying to be nice here, since im sure you put a lot of work into this, but god it was misplaced
            All i see a lot of wannabe 2k4/ut1 weapons. Okay, lets be fair, the sniper, the shock and a shaft is okay. Is it better then the offi?, not at all. Btw how do you expect proper opinions on weapons if you put movement mutator aswell? Since these 2 are closely related...

P.S I liked the shards and added vials on asdf tho
            Movement mutator is not active on rulesets. you need to activate it manually. via a custom game.

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
              Movement mutator is not active on rulesets. you need to activate it manually. via a custom game.
              Mybad. That must've been a running game then.
              "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Comment

After playing a CTF pug last night with the fellas here in North America, I do have some feedback to provide for the community. We decided to play a CTF game last night using the new weapons made by Wail himself, and boy, let me tell you, this is DEFINITELY in the right direction!

This build has a lot of problems, including performance, which made it pretty sloppy on my end last night. However, I can't argue enough that the gameplay and fights felt much more smoother. I was actually deciding and being picky about what battles I would be choosing, instead of running into a wall of spam rockets and flak, which ruined the experience for me in UT4. I will go over the list of weapons and list their pros and cons:

Rocket Launcher
                - The rate of fire feels perfect, alongside the speed.
                - It does need a buff for AoE, I feel like this weapon is pretty weak compared to everything else.
                - Charged rockets feel useless for some reason. Maybe its an AoE thing, I dunno.
                - Rocket jumping needs to be brought in for this weapon. 70-80 damage per hit for a launch across the map would be cool.

Flak Cannon
                - All I can say is marvelous, BUT the spread could be widened up by a small percentage(5 percent?)
                - It is an actual close range weapon now instead of an all-around weapon. Yes, you can still shoot down a corridor and do damage in some situations, but more as a finisher/damage over time weapon.
                - You actually have to aim to kill someone instead of aimlessly shooting around and getting random 1 hit kills against players with 350 health.
                - Secondary flak ball could be sped up a tad bit.

Link Gun
                - Link pull is gone, yay!
                - Feels like an awesome finisher weapon. Link secondary could be buffed a little.
                - Link Primary plasma beams feel pretty perfect.
                - Jump feature NEEDs to be buffed.
                - Plasma wall climbing needs to be fixed.

Minigun
                - Feels like a good damage over time/finisher weapon, as it should be.
                - Secondary feels fun to use in clutch situations.

Sniper Rifle
                - The beam on the sniper is too thick.
                - Not as reliable as the shock rifle.
                - HUMMING sound is awesome.
                - I feel like half my shots do not register.
                - 70 damage, yay!
                - Feels like quake Rail gun, which is good IMO.

Shock Rifle
                - Probably the most OP out of all the prime weapons.
                - Pretty fun and reliable to use, despite being a tad bit Overpowered.
                - Shock combos feel good.
                - I kick people's asses using primary beam.
                - Shock secondary balls do too much damage.

Overall, they are a lot more fun to use than Epic's weapons. Kudos to wail, keep on making tweaks. Hopefully we can get some custom crosshair support, I am colorblind, and playing with white crosshairs means I can't aim!

BTW, we should do a stolid's movement mutator run with these weapons in some pugs.
                Steam
                irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                UT Username - nvz
                gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

I played some duels with wail last night and it felt 1000000x better than the standard weapons. There needs to be some tweaks, but this is absolutely a step in the right direction. Can't wait to try it out in CTF.
                  Ðarth|UA|
                  Youtube

Come play CTF and Elimination Pick Up Games (PUGS) with us at: https://discord.gg/BbPPCBx . You can also go to http://ut4pugs.us Hope to see you all there!

Comment

Originally posted by cafe
                    The ranking system only really works for duel and even then you only level up if you consistently play people worse than yourself. It's completely flawed other gametypes.

Also, calling something a "wannabe 2k4/ut1 weapon" isn't really a valid criticism (or even an insult).
                    None of these ment to be as an insult. You see when I point to the moon, dont look at my finger but the moon.

The thing is, a lot of whiners just wanna recreate their old favs, instead of adapting.
                    I dont really bother with proper critisism since i saw only 2 original ideas there, one of em was borderline trolling (yeah this mini secondary made me laugh so hard, i had to stop playing for minuteD). A flak cannon should feel heavy and powerful, I mean I spit out molten shards of metal not corn flakes . You gotta be superprecise, i get it, but the random new kid gonna laugh at it aswell and uninstall cuz lets face it, it looks and feels weak (and im not talking about dmg). Etc etc,

Comment

I also agree with nvz saying the RL needs some kind of increase splash damage, and perhaps making the flak primary spread a bit wider. It's also a bit too easy to spam shock secondary too.

Over all though the weapons feel much cleaner and fun to use and with added feedback will definitely turn out great. The randomness of dieing in every direction and not knowing what happened is gone ( adjust bro, #prealpha ). I hope down the line you revisit the enforcer again as Epic's version totally broken in tdm.

Comment

I love the rockets, they feel responsive but also give you a chance to dodge them. Sniper is nice, flak primary is nice but I think the spread is slightly too narrow. Link primary is great too and the secondary seems pretty reasonable.

Shock is way too dominant for my liking. I think the standard shock is much more balanced, 40 - 45 is much more reasonable and you can't just spam shock cores to no end. Also the cores feel like they travel insanely fast and can be fired too quickly.

Not a fan of flak secondary at all, seems to me that epic's one is more suitable (100 dmg on hit + a slightly longer arc)

Mini is weird and I'm not sure about it, I prefer the shards' functionality of epic's one over the charge-up for utility purposes.

The weapon switch is great fun but occasionally feels a little too fast.
                        :|

Comment

Played with 175 ping since NA community is dead in the morning but here's some first impressions:

Flak spread a bit too small for Stolid's movement, good for reg (because the hitboxes are giant). Since next build will have smaller hitboxes again and faster dodging, spread will probably need to be increased. I prefer Epic's secondary arc, but the splash and damage on UP is fine. Direct hits are still too easy with it.

Rocket splash SIZE is probably fine, but I feel like the outer edges of the splash damage just barely tickle your opponent. Flak secondary's splash would fit RL better. RL is the most fun weapon in this set but I don't know how I feel about direct hits being so easy and 3-packs basically being an almost guaranteed direct hit. Not the direction I'd go in but it's super fun so who cares?

Minigun overdrive and Pulse secondary are kinda OP. Minigun secondary is an improvement over previous version but I'm still not too fond of it, feels like it's in an awkward middle between burst damage and damage over time weapons (not in a good way).

Shock secondary cores... I'd propose point collision for entities (so basically unless the very center hits the enemy it would miss) and larger splash damage. Hopefully that would reduce randomly spamming them while allowing people to defend in close range by aiming at the ground with them like with rockets.

Comment

Very first impression: I can't hit anything

Second impression, after few matches: Awesome! Rockets and flak primary are much more balanced than in official build. Link primary is a little bit too weak imo, but it's still much better option than SUPER OP, spammy official link primary. Shock combo is much more fun to use. Shock is perfect now

Bad sides:
                            Link secondary is a bit too much efficient in comparison to other weapons. I don't like the shot animation of sniper rifle.

Enforcer still as op as it was (even more op, because other weapons are weaker than in offi build). There is your version of enforcer, or is it still the same? (looks the same for me).
                            Last edited by rAge.; 02-15-2016, 07:06 PM.
                            http://forum.unreal.pl/image.php?u=2...ine=1223384883
                            Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Originally posted by rAge. View Post
                              Enforcer still as op as it was (even more op, because other weapons are weaker than in offi build). There is your version of enforcer, or is it still the same? (looks the same for me).

This is the same enforcer from the vanilla build.
                              Steam
                              irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                              UT Username - nvz
                              gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                              || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

i feel like all the original weapons are still better, even if they are op

rockets have like no splash damage, and it's the primary method of doing damage with rockets, now you have to hit directs all the time
                                flakball doesn't have enough vertical movement and is a bit slow, also primary is easier to hit and spam on distance because of lesser spread
                                snipe is also slower? and the visual effect is too much yeah
                                link is probably still op?

Comment

Working...
                                X