Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by userod View Post
    i feel like all the original weapons are still better, even if they are op

rockets have like no splash damage, and it's the primary method of doing damage with rockets, now you have to hit directs all the time
    flakball doesn't have enough vertical movement and is a bit slow, also primary is easier to hit and spam on distance because of lesser spread
    snipe is also slower? and the visual effect is too much yeah
    link is probably still op?
    The idea behind it is to test the weapons and give feedback and see what Wail and the other guys from the community come up with. Imho as a starting base his weapons are much closer to what you would expect in a UT game. I agree RL needs a lot more splash and the arc of the flak secondary doesn't allow you to fire far enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
      Is there a spreadsheet where we can see weapon stats? I think it'd be very useful
      Sapphire: 45 primary 0.8 refire. 55 secondary 0.5 refire.
      Pulsar: 23 primary 0.15 refire. 112 dps secondary.
      Stinger: 120 dps primary, ~4 degree cone. 25 per shot secondary (up to 9), 2s charge, 1s discharge, roughly 7 degree cone maximum spread (starts at 0, grows progressively).
      Flak: 13x9primary . 90 per, 250 splash, + 5 shards.
      Rocket: 90 per, 250 splash.
      Sniper: 70 damage, standard refire.

In general I'd prefer people to play with the guns than to get bogged down in theorycrafting minutiae.

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
      Minor point, but a suggestion for the Unreal Prime logo.

The Prime could be the same material as the outside of the Unreal U?
      I'd agree with that, but I didn't want to spend too much time on that image. If someone wants to help make graphics or whatnot it's definitely appreciated.

Originally posted by Sulaco View Post
      Anyhow. I was really excited when i read this announcement, but after 7-8 game i had to realize I wouldnt trade ANY weapon from the offi build to these. I trying to be nice here, since im sure you put a lot of work into this, but god it was misplaced
      That's fine. I don't want to force anything on anyone, I'm just putting my spin on the games I grew up playing.

Got some other stuff to take care of but I'll try and get back to some general points on weapons later on, thanks for the feedback so far guys.
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by biggamer21 View Post
        the arc of the flak secondary doesn't allow you to fire far enough.
        But does this open up more uses for it beyond straight up shooting at people and is not overly faithful to other ut versions... do indirect lob shots become more reasonable? Up over ledges, etc. Does this improve the weapon and give it a different, more interesting situational use to the rocketlauncher which is was fairly interchangeable with in previous titles.
        Posts are about duel unless otherwise specified. ut duel shortcomings | What is timing? | dm-twentyseven

Comment

Originally posted by joellll View Post
          But does this open up more uses for it beyond straight up shooting at people and is not overly faithful to other ut versions... do indirect lob shots become more reasonable? Up over ledges, etc. Does this improve the weapon and give it a different, more interesting situational use to the rocketlauncher which is was fairly interchangeable with in previous titles.
          Haven't played enough with it yet to judge, your points are fair. It's max travel distance does feel too short in game though, at least compared to past UT titles.

Comment

Originally posted by joellll View Post
            Definitely, I always though that flak ball should have bigger arc to get the possibility of specific usage. "Lob shots" are the main thing that differentiate flak ball from rl.

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
            Shock secondary cores... I'd propose point collision for entities (so basically unless the very center hits the enemy it would miss) and larger splash damage. Hopefully that would reduce randomly spamming them while allowing people to defend in close range by aiming at the ground with them like with rockets.
            This is worth of try! Good idea. I've personally a dilema, I'm a supporter of 45+55 damage for shock (nothing is that frustrating like your enemy, who is jumping in your cores to deny your combo), but from the other side I hate shock cores spam in close. This could solve both.
            Last edited by rAge.; 02-15-2016, 09:45 PM.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

I've pugged with these weapons a handful of times now and I think it's coming along great. Very happy to the pulsar finally introduced. I think it's fantastic but would enjoy a higher boost from the primary. Flak is great - it actually feels rewarding to get a kill with it now, but a small spread increase wouldn't upset me. I mostly agree with the consensus above that rockets are a bit too under-powered. Something about the splash radius/damage/knockback feels really lame. Everything else about it is a big improvement. I agree the sniper beam is too thick. And shock combos do feel off. I often felt cheated after landing a beautiful combo that looked like a hit but appeared to deal no damage. I would like to see the explosion do more damage or the radius increased.

Thanks for all your hard work, Wail. Can't wait for the next edition of UP

Comment

Originally posted by nyte View Post
                I've pugged with these weapons a handful of times now and I think it's coming along great. Very happy to the pulsar finally introduced. I think it's fantastic but would enjoy a higher boost from the primary. Flak is great - it actually feels rewarding to get a kill with it now, but a small spread increase wouldn't upset me. I mostly agree with the consensus above that rockets are a bit too under-powered. Something about the splash radius/damage/knockback feels really lame. Everything else about it is a big improvement. I agree the sniper beam is too thick. And shock combos do feel off. I often felt cheated after landing a beautiful combo that looked like a hit but appeared to deal no damage. I would like to see the explosion do more damage or the radius increased.

After playing a couple of CTF pugs, I agree with everything nyte said here. I'm enjoying the weapons a lot.
                Ðarth|UA|
                Youtube

Come play CTF and Elimination Pick Up Games (PUGS) with us at: https://discord.gg/BbPPCBx . You can also go to http://ut4pugs.us Hope to see you all there!

Comment

I agree with previous feedbacks.

I would add that shock ball seem too slow compared to rocket. When your opponent has rocket and you the shock, it seems a bit unbalanced. To be confirmed. Am I the only one too feel that ?

Wail, how is your rocket speed compared to current epic rocket ? Seems fast but still slower than epic rocket.

Also, thanks for custom maps. It was great to play infractuous, ascanize .... and many others are still waiting for us ! Very gj guys.
                  Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                  https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                  http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                  Discord PUG Community

Comment

I'm sure there's a little delay before the offical rocket fires which is why Wail's feels more responsive.
                    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

ehh now I can't play with default weapons I was adapted to them (in some sense), but after I played few matches in normal circumstances (with wail weapons) my frustration is growing immediately after x flak shots on official servers.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Originally posted by nyte View Post

I argee with nyte with everything too. Rockets feel like poop and shock combo needs a bump.

Plus,
                        One thing I find frustrating is that I can't tell if I am damaging an opponent who has a shield belt, armor or keg of health :/

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth
                          Shock secondary cores... I'd propose point collision for entities (so basically unless the very center hits the enemy it would miss) and larger splash damage. Hopefully that would reduce randomly spamming them while allowing people to defend in close range by aiming at the ground with them like with rockets.
                          These are already point collision, at least from the obvious settings. I'm going to be doing some experimentation later to confirm that this is the case. I agree I'd like to make direct hits with these harder, so I may have to try and implement my own collision specifically for these projectiles.

The other thing I'd like is to reduce secondary rate of fire but retaining combo speed: This isn't supported currently. I may be able to do a work around, but I am not sure it will be successful.

For those of you who want a faster rate of fire and larger combo size on the Shock Rifle: While I can understand that, doesn't it seem like the Shock Rifle is already the most powerful & versatile weapon here? What do you think that can be done to the weapon that won't make it even more powerful relative to the other weapons?

Originally posted by Kryptic-X View Post
                          Plus,
                          One thing I find frustrating is that I can't tell if I am damaging an opponent who has a shield belt, armor or keg of health :/
                          Brightskins stuff is still a work in progress by Vlad. Although I agree this is a legitimate issue, not really part of the weapons.
                          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                            What do you think that can be done to the weapon that won't make it even more powerful relative to the other weapons?
                            Making the shockball smaller is the first thing that comes to mind.
                            Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
                              Making the shockball smaller is the first thing that comes to mind.
                              Can't go smaller than 0 (without editing the character collision size).

Comment

Wail, Do you have a table of all your weapons and their fire rate / damage etc...?

This could be very useful to allow for objective comparisons between each tweak or change?

Something like this but with more columns:

Weapon Fire Rate per second Damage Dealt Radius of Damage Weapon specific attributes Version
                                Rocket Launcher 0.1
                                Flak Cannon 0.2

Also, a running changelog for each weapon.
                                Last edited by richardboegli; 02-16-2016, 10:13 PM. Reason: Changelog
                                Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Working...
                                X