X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well

Originally Posted by Orion`

Stinger Minigun - The added feature of the faster firing rate needs to go. It's so incredibly overpowered. The standard primary fire feels slightly underpowered, however. Maybe if it had a very slightly faster rate of fire it would be better. The secondary is still incredibly useless. In my opinion, you should implement the stock secondary, but add a few tweaks to it. Said tweaks could include: slower projectile speed, slightly more ammo consumption (10 perhaps?), and slightly less knock-back.
    Totally agree. What do you think about secondary fire as Stake Gun? Big, massive tarydium's crystal shoot with high speed, medium fire rate and parabolic trajectory. Takes large damage 50-80. With charging bar. When player has less hp than stake's max damage a stake can nail enemy to wall. Imagine frag like that: After rocket's explosion player fly in air and quickly we changed weapon for Stinger and finished him nailed to wall - EPIC!

Originally Posted by Orion`

Shock Rifle - The main issue I keep seeing with this is that cores are a little too difficult to hit, and are also deceptive as to where you have to shoot them. There are two rings, and if you shoot outside of the inner ring, the combo doesn't pop. In my opinion, this inner ring should be removed, and you should be able to pop the shock core by hitting it anywhere. I was an advocate originally for having 55 damage shock cores, but after playing with it more, I think 45 is the better option. Lastly, the rate of fire should be slightly increased. It feels slightly underpowered right now due to how slow it shoots.
    100% true + shock's cores should move faster and be larger

Originally Posted by nvz

ENFORCER - This weapon Is new but it's also very useless. Epic's enforcer is pretty much better in every way possible. The secondary is a sticky grenade I guess? I don't know, it's experimental. You get bad results sometimes.
    It's true, but what do you expect from enforcer? It's really pathetic weapon. Whatever they do, fix, change it enforcer stiil will suck. I really don't know why devs add enforcer to armory (coz was in ut 99?). Flak, rocket, shock are obvious but not this lame enforcer. Tell me, what do you do after respawn? Change enforcer as quickly as possible for better weapons? I said a lot about this and I say again replace enforcer for HAR (Heavy Assault Rifle). Something like in 2K4 but more dangerous (especially secondary fire -> granade launcher), more skillful and with serious stats. Prealpha is a good time to try others opportunities.
    Last edited by Total_Eclipse.; 04-03-2016, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Weapon Review 3/30/2016

This is my second review of Wail's infamous set of custom weapons. Unreal Prime is an excellent testing platform for multiple mutators. We DO CTF pickups on #UT4PUGS on Global Gamers.

ENFORCER - This weapon Is new but it's also very useless. Epic's enforcer is pretty much better in every way possible. The secondary is a sticky grenade I guess? I don't know, it's experimental. You get bad results sometimes.

Stinger Minigun - I like epics version better, just because it's more reliable. This is more balanced but I barely see myself using it especially in CTF matches. I think we can push the limits of this weapon a tad bit, and make it a more useful weapon in some situations. The secondary fire is OP in close range battles. It's an OKAY weapon overall but can be improved upon.

Link Gun - The primary is undoubtedly perfect. I have no complaints here. The secondary feels a bit sluggish at times. Epic's 2ndary is definitely more reliable and clean. The jump feature is cool but needs more work. I never find myself using it.

Shock Rifle - I think epic's version and wail's are about equal in their pros and cons. Epic's damage values are perfect, and the shock core is a lot easier to hit, but the ammo count is way too low and rate of fire is a tad bit too fast. Wail's rate of fire is near perfect, you can perform close combos, the ammo count is perfect. The shock ball does far too much damage, the primary damage needs to be lowered 5-10 points and the shock core is a bit too hard to hit sometimes. I want this to be a fun weapon, the first step would be making the combos easier to hit. The combo radius is fine.

Flak Cannon - Epic flak cannon now is pretty much the most sloppy weapon in the game while Unreal Prime flak succeeds in being a bit more balanced. I would suggest spreading the flak spread a bit more and toning down the rate of fire. The ROF is just too fast right now and I think someone with perfect flak aim could abuse this weapon to death. The 2ndary in both epic and wail's are good.

Rocket Launcher - Wails rocket launcher is a prime example of what Epic's should be. It's very fun to use and is right for specific situations. I also find the juggling pretty fun. Epic's rl is still the most overpowered weapon in the stock game but I also feel it's splash damage I'd a bit more responsive. Wail could adjust his splash on this to make it feel a bit more useful, but consider using very low damage values for borderline splash.

Sniper - Rate of fire could be toned down some, trail beam needs to be thinner. I prefer epic's since it's easier to hit with. I feel like this sniper has a delay.

Good progress on the weapons, they are in the right direction compared to Epic Weapons. Both versions need work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Stinger Minigun - The added feature of the faster firing rate needs to go. It's so incredibly overpowered. The standard primary fire feels slightly underpowered, however. Maybe if it had a very slightly faster rate of fire it would be better. The secondary is still incredibly useless. In my opinion, you should implement the stock secondary, but add a few tweaks to it. Said tweaks could include: slower projectile speed, slightly more ammo consumption (10 perhaps?), and slightly less knock-back.

Shock Rifle - The main issue I keep seeing with this is that cores are a little too difficult to hit, and are also deceptive as to where you have to shoot them. There are two rings, and if you shoot outside of the inner ring, the combo doesn't pop. In my opinion, this inner ring should be removed, and you should be able to pop the shock core by hitting it anywhere. I was an advocate originally for having 55 damage shock cores, but after playing with it more, I think 45 is the better option. Lastly, the rate of fire should be slightly increased. It feels slightly underpowered right now due to how slow it shoots.

Flak Cannon - The spread still feels just slightly too tight. Also, the damage cap seems too low for the primary fire. It often feels like it's doing absolutely no damage at all. The secondary feels overpowered right now. The damage should be slightly reduced, and it should also have a longer, higher arc IMO so it can go further.

Everything else feels pretty much fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some words about enforcer renegede. I don't like enforcer at all, but I can say this one is better than official.

Primary fire is... normal. Secondary fire it pretty nice. You can increase trancer's damage, coz it so hard to hit someone directly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IMO the stock shock is close to be perfect (just the question of the radius under discussion).

The focus should be on rocket and flak.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Honestly I can't stress enough how boring I find the shock to be. It's overly spammy, does close range fights better than rockets and flak, has too much damage on the shock cores, and yet still manages to feel clunky with the primary fire rate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not sure if it's a problem with the custom weapons or just in general but sometimes I feel like an amped sniper shot does not register as amped. It seems to happen more often on twitchy ones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Played 3 pugs last night and after I got my connection sorted out, I got a good feel for the weapons.

-Flak Primary seems pretty weak and inconsistent. I found myself only using flak secondary because I could not rely on the primary to actually hit anything. Don't know if it is damage values or spread, but the spread seems even more condensed than in 2k4 and sometimes seemed to just go through the player without doing anything (though that could be more netcode than anything)
    -Rocket damage still seems a little weak as well. Was having to hit some players 4 and 5 times to get kills with them.
    -The Shock Rifle felt better 2 versions ago when the shock core had the ring around it. The secondary is especially hard to hit with as just a projectile (it could have used a damage decrease from 2 versions ago, but it seems like the point of collision has been greatly reduced or something to where even point blank it is hard to hit people with.) The shock ball and hitbox are still too small too. Don't want anything near as big as Epics, but bigger than it is currently for sure.

Overall still better than Epic's by a mile, but I feel I am just bouncing people around the maps instead of actually getting kills. Gets a little annoying when running a flag and fighting 3 people at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys. I'm looking forward the new update with more powerful rocket and flak.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep, we worked it out last night. There are some functional issues (mostly sounds playing too loudly) but everything actually works now based on my testing. I'm going to push another update to try and fix that and then get to doing some writeups, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cunni View Post
    For information on UP eur hub yesterday night, weapons were missing in the maps. Just before that, it was impossible to explode shock ball. I didn't check today.
    Found flaw in update process.

UnrealPrime servers went through a massive list of changes this weekend and I broke a few things I hadn't fully tested (running out of time before workweek started again) - some issues may still be lingering, but I did what I could to make sure everything was working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For information on UP eur hub yesterday night, weapons were missing in the maps. Just before that, it was impossible to explode shock ball. I didn't check today.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Everything is fine now. Thx man.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah there was some error with our update process, will update here once fixed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Something wrong with server (France). Even if I downloaded all stuff, when I try start new match I need to dowload stuff again. Yesterday new enforcer worked fine, today disappear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X