Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Prime Weapons Feedback

Hey guys,

So I was recently asked to make this thread, and it seems like a fairly good time to do so. Recently some of the weapons I've been working on for the past year or so were rolled out to several different servers in the US, EU, and AU thanks to the efforts of Raxxy. Initially there wasn't really any clear goal with the modified weapons I was developing besides making things that I wanted to play with. Eventually, as I ended up making more and more things, I started to think of them as falling under the umbrella term "Unreal Prime." Unreal Prime is all about (re)capturing the best of every UT game, the fun, the skill, the innovation, and bringing it all together. Unreal Prime is also looking forward to anyone else out there with polished content to provide a platform for testing, feedback, and extending & expanding the game. There's some fun and out-there stuff I'd really like to do, but first we've got to have a solid foundation and we're still in the process of building that.

Up until now it's been difficult to really get games going with the Unreal Prime weapons (aka "Wail Weapons") and evaluate them as a whole because of various issues. That's changed. You should now be able to find an Unreal Prime hub-server hosted in your region of the world (look for "UnrealPrime.com" in the name), drop in, and get a game going against real people. Everything is still a work in progress, but at this stage with most of the main weapons in a relatively good state, it's reasonable to start getting feedback on the weapons as a whole.

Hub Servers:

UnrealPrime.com Chicago #ut4pugs MegaServer
    UnrealPrime.com US West #1
    UnrealPrime.com Sydney #1
    UnrealPrime.com France #1
    Last edited by Wail; 02-15-2016, 07:00 AM.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Very cool man, I'll play online with them when I got time and give feedback, but from what I played vs bots there was a lot to like about em
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Holy **** !! Great news.

What are the servers name ?
      Prime weapons available as a mutator ?

The cards are now in our hands. Thank you wail and raxxy.
      Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
      https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
      http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
      Discord PUG Community

Comment

Yep great news. I'll be sure to give this a try and send some feedback.
        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Interesting.

But as Cunni asked, could you give the servers name in your original post ? So people that wish to try Unreal Prime will know where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
            Interesting.

But as Cunni asked, could you give the servers name in your original post ? So people that wish to try Unreal Prime will know where to go.
            Sure, updated. Those are the official ones we're running right now. You shouldn't need to configure anything to run the UP weapons on these servers, just make a game of your chosen gametype and go.
            Join Project: Open Tournament: Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Woooot. That's the news of the day !

Icing of th cake : are custom maps also available on this HUB (Ascanize, erase,...)
              Discord PUG Community

Comment

AWESOME, love the name Unreal Prime.
                Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

i absolutely love that pulse gun. though not sure about that blast or however you call it but primary is what we need and its perfect. slower and bit bigger than current link gun and feels so good, also no pull would be great i am not a big fan of the pull now.
                  flak feels better with smaller spread and yeah for me its lot of fun to use it.
                  though it does feel like a weak weapon but i dont know
                  Last edited by Danko955; 02-15-2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Is there a spreadsheet where we can see weapon stats? I think it'd be very useful
                    :|

Comment

Had a lot of fun using these yesterday, good job guys.

Comment

Minor point, but a suggestion for the Unreal Prime logo.

The Prime could be the same material as the outside of the Unreal U?
                        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

So after 8 months of playing for less than 30 minutes a build because I had a constant feeling of 'what the **** was that, and where did it come from' I managed to sit through 6 hours with very little break, finishing only because it was almost 1am.

Bravo.

Here's what annoys me:

Cosmetic:
                          Sniper rifle scope is busy as ****.
                          Sniper shot seems a little thick

Crosshairs don't seem to work properly (this was a common complaint over the night) - I prefer single/unified for all and mine was fine.

Gameplay:

Link pulse boost combo (self, at least) should do slightly less damage or a decent chunk more height
                          Rocket self boost should be brought back in (70-80 damage, minimum double of link pulse boost, chargeable benefit (2 rockets -> 140/160 damage, 2x height of 1)

on knockbacks/ups:
                          I think it would be nice to have some shock taping back from the older games (sort of letting you juggle opponents if you're able to aim)
                          ditto on rockets, being able to knock an opponent up into the air to follow up with an air-rox would be another welcome addition in my opinion

I feel like link alt may be doing way too much damage, it felt like I could tear people down in no time at all with it, maybe that's just placebo after some other weapons do significantly less damage than the instagib rockets we're all used to.

All in all, I'm glad it's not a one hit wonder game anymore, that sort of stuff belongs in instagib, weapons is where an actual fight should occur, and shouldn't be about who gets the drop on who first. this ain't hardcore battlefield.

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth
                          Tried your hubs (and weapons) for the first time, the textures of your weapons, effects and projectiles don't work on Linux
                          I don't know if this is a known issue, but here's a few pics for reference

This is likely to be an ongoing issue due to how things have been structured on the developer end and is on our to-do list for other parts we're working on. (not soon.)

I do have a quick fix but I need to confirm it still works (last time this sort of fixed work was mid 2015..), if it does i'll get a howto up for the weapons some time in the next 2 weeks
                          Last edited by raxxy; 02-15-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                            This is likely to be an ongoing issue due to how things have been structured on the developer end and is on our to-do list for other parts we're working on. (not soon.)

I do have a quick fix but I need to confirm it still works (last time this sort of fixed work was mid 2015..), if it does i'll get a howto up for the weapons some time in the next 2 weeks
                            Oh right, thanks for telling me
                            I'd already restructures my reply because the thing wouldn't upload my screenshots
                            Be with you guys when things work ^.^

Comment

@cafe, some custom maps for duel would be great. Erase, Mimic, protacted, deep.alpha. thanks man

@wail, +1 with flik s request. A recap of damage per weapon would be nice.
                              Discord PUG Community

Comment

Working...
                              X