X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Unreal Prime Weapons Feedback

Unreal Prime Weapons Feedback

Hey guys,

So I was recently asked to make this thread, and it seems like a fairly good time to do so. Recently some of the weapons I've been working on for the past year or so were rolled out to several different servers in the US, EU, and AU thanks to the efforts of Raxxy. Initially there wasn't really any clear goal with the modified weapons I was developing besides making things that I wanted to play with. Eventually, as I ended up making more and more things, I started to think of them as falling under the umbrella term "Unreal Prime." Unreal Prime is all about (re)capturing the best of every UT game, the fun, the skill, the innovation, and bringing it all together. Unreal Prime is also looking forward to anyone else out there with polished content to provide a platform for testing, feedback, and extending & expanding the game. There's some fun and out-there stuff I'd really like to do, but first we've got to have a solid foundation and we're still in the process of building that.

Up until now it's been difficult to really get games going with the Unreal Prime weapons (aka "Wail Weapons") and evaluate them as a whole because of various issues. That's changed. You should now be able to find an Unreal Prime hub-server hosted in your region of the world (look for "UnrealPrime.com" in the name), drop in, and get a game going against real people. Everything is still a work in progress, but at this stage with most of the main weapons in a relatively good state, it's reasonable to start getting feedback on the weapons as a whole.

Hub Servers:

UnrealPrime.com Chicago #ut4pugs MegaServer
    UnrealPrime.com US West #1
    UnrealPrime.com Sydney #1
    UnrealPrime.com France #1
    Last edited by Wail; 02-15-2016, 07:00 AM.

• replied
    Epic should still consider using some of this. Especially the rocket launcher.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hope Unreal Prime is not dead......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thenuke1945 View Post
    The Shock Ball Hit something Unknown at some Spots on Maps, can you Fix this Wail?
    DM-ASDF on the Shock Rifle is such a Bug Spot
    I will see if I can investigate and find out what causes this. I've seen it myself plenty of times, I'm just skeptical if there's anything I can do about it. But I'll wait until I've done more investigation to see. New build should be out tomorrow too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by exo7341 View Post
    I almost sure he's still watching. Just lost his desire to do stuff here (but not actually left).
    I Hope so.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thenuke1945 View Post
    Another good guy left
    The Game dies......
    I almost sure he's still watching. Just lost his desire to do stuff here (but not actually left).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another good guy left
    The Game dies......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not sure, but Wail probably stopped support this project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Shock Ball Hit something Unknown at some Spots on Maps, can you Fix this Wail?
    DM-ASDF on the Shock Rifle is such a Bug Spot

Leave a comment:

• replied

Sorry man

I tried and I failed. I have no idea what's going on.

I contacted with PuG's admin - no response
    I contacted with UTzone admin - no respone
    I contacted with Phoenix admin - some response, nothing happened
    I contacted even with Gabe Newell - no response

I have no idea what's wrong with this community...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MANIAK07 View Post
    [MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION] Did you get my private message?
    No I didn't. It's difficult to keep inbox here on the forums cleaned out consistently (only 200 messages is for 2+ years of convos). I deleted some but please send again, or if you have problems with that contact me via Twitter or YouTube that don't have silly limitations like that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=3094]Wail[/MENTION] Did you get my private message?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wail can you please add the new Rocket Launcher Skin to the Trident RL?

Greetings

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MANIAK07 View Post
    Ok, thanks. I will start testing today. Also I try speak with admins. Feedback will be soon.

Edit: Quick feedback - Link gun overheating doesn't work and it's not big deal. Overheating is weird and unnecessary at all. Current flak is ok. It's not big problem. Unfortunately *******-bug "invisible wall" still block shock's cores. For example on NickTest in the path from shock to thigh pads, close to double med-kits, under bio-rifle. It's really annoying. Also I think you can back to official hammer's crosshair coz it has more visible charging bar. For now it's all, but stay tuned.
    Cool thanks for the feedback.

On the custom crosshair stuff I have done for my weapons:

1. It should be possible to disable this entirely by finding the weapon entry in User.ini and set bUseCustomCrosshair=false.
    2. I set it up so that players can configure pretty much everything about the custom crosshairs for Unreal Prime, including icon, size, position on screen, color, opacity, etc. I implemented this in 2015 for UP weapons but unfortunately there are Epic engine bugs that are preventing players from using this functionality. I need to check to see if it's been fixed in the latest revision, but I'll be surprised if it has.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, thanks. I will start testing today. Also I try speak with admins. Feedback will be soon.

Edit: Quick feedback - Link gun overheating doesn't work and it's not big deal. Overheating is weird and unnecessary at all. Current flak is ok. It's not big problem. Unfortunately *******-bug "invisible wall" still block shock's cores. For example on NickTest in the path from shock to thigh pads, close to double med-kits, under bio-rifle. It's really annoying. Also I think you can back to official hammer's crosshair coz it has more visible charging bar. For now it's all, but stay tuned.
    Last edited by Total_Eclipse.; 09-09-2016, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X