No announcement yet.

Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of those things are hardly small but I agree with the majority of them. I would add:

Make the HUD fully customisible. So you can move the positions of things like health and minimap where you wish or not show them etc., or show them based on certain conditions. For example, only showing the weapon icons for weapons you actually have.

Just to be able to tweak it all would be nice. Tweak non-stop.

Comment

There's this one thing...I know it's a detail, but I'll mention it nonetheless:

-animated crosshairs for rocket launchers (shows how many rockets are currently loading, like in UT3), bio rifle (displays how much the alt-fire sludge meter is filled) and translocator (changes a bit depending on whether the disc is thrown or available). Yeah...I tend to play with weapons hidden.
      My UT threads (latest: my take on defensive items, poll on the melee weapon's alt fire and My take on the storyline)

Comment

+1 the thread.

Things I kinda wish to see for quickness is to set your home screen menu upon launching the game, so that for instance if I launch game it goes to server browser right away (which gets refreshed instantly).

Also I always wished to be able to create a desktop shortcut icon that upon clicking launches game and instantly connects me to the set server. So the shortcut line would be like "C:/Games/UT4/ut4.exe -connect ip 12.34.56.7890".

But both are rather irrelevant, not worth mentioning in the OP list.

Menu/UI navigation should be lightning fast.

Comment

* Search for map by name with partial match during map select or map vote/select; typing "ran" returns DM-Rankin (Solves scrolling down a growing list of maps to find the map.)

* Ability to toggle favorite mark on maps so they appear first in any map listing. Complements searching for map names. Best of both worlds.

Comment

Sort server browser list by:

- server name
            - server location
            - map name
            - game type
            - mutators
            - mods
            - rating
            - ping
            - local (server from your country only)
            - country (any country you want)
            - bot difficulty (if bots on server)
            - custom settings (you could define what criteria that should be for you)
            - friends (if adding friends will be possible within the game, it will only show servers where your friends are currently playing)
            - competitive (if there will be a competitive mode where game has unique settings)

Possibly some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychomorph View Post
              Sort server browser list by:

- server name
              - server location
              - map name
              - game type
              - mutators
              - mods
              - rating
              - ping
              - local (server from your country only)
              - country (any country you want)
              - bot difficulty (if bots on server)
              - custom settings (you could define what criteria that should be for you)
              - friends (if adding friends will be possible within the game, it will only show servers where your friends are currently playing)
              - competitive (if there will be a competitive mode where game has unique settings)

Possibly some more.
              added. (:

Originally posted by rejecht View Post
              * Search for map by name with partial match during map select or map vote/select; typing "ran" returns DM-Rankin (Solves scrolling down a growing list of maps to find the map.)

* Ability to toggle favorite mark on maps so they appear first in any map listing. Complements searching for map names. Best of both worlds.
              added. (:

Originally posted by Psychomorph View Post
              +1 the thread.

Things I kinda wish to see for quickness is to set your home screen menu upon launching the game, so that for instance if I launch game it goes to server browser right away (which gets refreshed instantly).

Also I always wished to be able to create a desktop shortcut icon that upon clicking launches game and instantly connects me to the set server. So the shortcut line would be like "C:/Games/UT4/ut4.exe -connect ip 12.34.56.7890".

But both are rather irrelevant, not worth mentioning in the OP list.

Menu/UI navigation should be lightning fast.
              Well, if you favourite the server and put a link to the UT4 main menu to Favourite Servers; it should be fast enough. (: It won't be fast like Windows shortcut but i think we can ignore that much. (:
              Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

Comment

Any new thoughts after 4 month gap? (:
                Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

Comment

All good stuff no doubt. But I think I like the one and two more. I don't really care about fov but other hardcore players I know do.

Comment

Screenshots or maybe an advanced screenshot feature.

- Takes screenshot
                    - Saves screenshot

Optional:
                    - Uploads screenshot

Country flags:

The ability to see what countries people are from in the scoreboard.
                    Last edited by Jay22; 10-22-2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                      Screenshots or maybe an advanced screenshot feature.

- Takes screenshot
                      - Saves screenshot

Optional:
                      - Uploads screenshot

Country flags:

The ability to see what countries people are from in the scoreboard.
                      We should expand "screenshot" to "demo recording"; it would be much better. And for country flags, they should be optional too. Some like to be anonymous. (: Adding them now. (:

Comment

+1 to clan support. I personally think that Clan Tags should be separate to the Player Name. It should be in a flield above or beside the name, and you should not be able to write down a clan tag, instead it's automatically assigned when you join a clan. so if you joined TechAE, you would automatically have '-=TechAE=-' in your clan tag box beside/above your name.

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                          +1 to clan support. I personally think that Clan Tags should be separate to the Player Name. It should be in a flield above or beside the name, and you should not be able to write down a clan tag, instead it's automatically assigned when you join a clan. so if you joined TechAE, you would automatically have '-=TechAE=-' in your clan tag box beside/above your name.
                          20 - Clans & Clan Tags (like Diablo 3) -- In Diablo 3, you choose your Clan Name & Tag and the Tag, applies to your name in brackets like [NG]Tycerax (NG = Nightingale / my clan btw. (: ) You cannot change it and that's kinda the point, isn't it? I liked the way D3 does it with the clans so I want it to be like it. I forgot to mention this for people that doesn't play D3 though.. (:

Comment

Originally posted by Tycerax View Post
                            20 - Clans & Clan Tags (like Diablo 3) -- In Diablo 3, you choose your Clan Name & Tag and the Tag, applies to your name in brackets like [NG]Tycerax (NG = Nightingale / my clan btw. (: ) You cannot change it and that's kinda the point, isn't it? I liked the way D3 does it with the clans so I want it to be like it. I forgot to mention this for people that doesn't play D3 though.. (:
                            I would be so bold as to allow a registered clan to upload a 50x50 logo to use in place of a clan tag,

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                              I would be so bold as to allow a registered clan to upload a 50x50 logo to use in place of a clan tag,
                              Unless you had Epic/volunteers to review each logo, there'd be boobs everywhere

I'd like mutator loadouts, so you don't have to remove 10 mutators to play instagib, then add them again after to get your game back to normal.

Comment

The Soul of UT.

Comment

Working...
                                X