• Show
Clear All

• replied
    Shameless bump.

Anyone with new ideas is surely welcome! (:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tycerax View Post
    If I got it right, you want to pick up a weapon (like minigun) but if it's Stinger Minigun, you want it to change to normal minigun when you pick up. This can bring up a number of issues, most likely changing the weapons (specifically the balance of weapons) can disrupt the gameplay of the map. If you're offering just a skin change, this could be done in no time with community modding.
    well EPIC can balance the weapons from different unreal tournament weapons.

but they look balanced, Stinger minigun has better firepower, while UT2004 minugun was more accurate.

sniper rifle and lighitng gun, both guns are execalty the same, they both has same fire rate, accuracy, and damage dealing (though for me lighting gun looks more powefull, but thats just me), expect they have different special effects. i liked more the lighting gun than the sniper rifle, firstly for me because it looks easier to aim with lighting gun, and it more fits for futuristic style of the unreal tournamet (thats just my opinions).

and the assault rifle and enforcer - assault rifle has rapid fast fire rate, while enforcer fires slower, however enforcer has more power than assault rifle. but though yes, enforcer really looks more powerfull than assault rifle, but like i said, EPIC can balance it. (not nerfing, just buff the assault rifle abit, and not nerf the enforcer, nerfing is the biggest mistake that was made in other games.)

other weapons like Shock rifle, Flak gun, rocket launcher, link gun and etc, they have Execalty their same properties, they just have different models.

about gun desing, its just chinging the Projectile color/texture and weapon color/texture, example lighting gun that shoots red lighting instead of light blue lighting. or blue flak gun, shoots blue bullets instead of orange ones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    +1 to extensive options! I was sorely disappointed with UT3's lack of configurable settings....It'd also be cool to have all the graphics settings in the Config file available in another "advanced" tab or something in the graphics options menu.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ybb View Post
    Ranked ladder, like CS:GO.
    I truly believe that this isn't a "detail". (:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ranked ladder, like CS:GO.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by maxim123 View Post
    Customizable weapons! customise your weapon. thought UT2004 already has this. Every player has its own tastes, so example you go to settings, and choose the stinger minigun in the weapons settings, and you example setup it to the UT2004 minigun one, so when you start the game, when you pick up minigun, your minigun will be always the UT2004 one, and you can fought against player that example dont care about it and he use stinger minigun, so its player with UT2004 minigun, vs player who uses UT3 minigun (stinger minigun), same can be aplied with sniper rifle and lighting gun, old UT2004 shock rifle and new UT3 shock rifle, and flak guns aswell, choosing the UT2004 flak gun or UT3 one (aswell as UT99 weapons), and choose bettwen UT2004 assault rilfe and UT3/UT99 Enforcer.
    If I got it right, you want to pick up a weapon (like minigun) but if it's Stinger Minigun, you want it to change to normal minigun when you pick up. This can bring up a number of issues, most likely changing the weapons (specifically the balance of weapons) can disrupt the gameplay of the map. If you're offering just a skin change, this could be done in no time with community modding.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Customizable weapons! customise your weapon. thought UT2004 already has this. Every player has its own tastes, so example you go to settings, and choose the stinger minigun in the weapons settings, and you example setup it to the UT2004 minigun one, so when you start the game, when you pick up minigun, your minigun will be always the UT2004 one, and you can fought against player that example dont care about it and he use stinger minigun, so its player with UT2004 minigun, vs player who uses UT3 minigun (stinger minigun), same can be aplied with sniper rifle and lighting gun, old UT2004 shock rifle and new UT3 shock rifle, and flak guns aswell, choosing the UT2004 flak gun or UT3 one (aswell as UT99 weapons), and choose bettwen UT2004 assault rilfe and UT3/UT99 Enforcer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 3dw4rd View Post
    The Soul of UT.
    The "Soul of UT" will live on only if the TINY details are not forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Obliterator2 View Post
    I'd like mutator loadouts, so you don't have to remove 10 mutators to play instagib, then add them again after to get your game back to normal.
    I guess this covers it:
    3 - Customizable and Saveable Filter Options
    Filters are good but with all of the modding that UT4 will have, this may be a crucial thing to have. Let us save our own, customized filters to not adjust them over and over again. This can be a huge timesaver.

3.5 - Extensive Filter Options (Thanks Psychomorph)
    We should filter servers for their names, player sizes, location (by choosing the region and/or country), map circulations, gametypes, mutators, mods, rating, ping (and an Average Player Ping (APP)), bot difficulty (if bots on server), friends (which server are they now?), competitive/casual, past connections, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The general server administration thing is sorta overrated since treacherous
    hosts fake players with false visitor display and this way spam the server list!
    So much more important than this for me is that EPIC provides worldwide
    official servers and keeps them running - the actual return of multiplaying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Obliterator2 View Post
    Unless you had Epic/volunteers to review each logo, there'd be boobs everywhere

I'd like mutator loadouts, so you don't have to remove 10 mutators to play instagib, then add them again after to get your game back to normal.
    Ah, I have already thought of a solution to that, BUT I don't want to derail the thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Soul of UT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
    I would be so bold as to allow a registered clan to upload a 50x50 logo to use in place of a clan tag,
    Unless you had Epic/volunteers to review each logo, there'd be boobs everywhere

Leave a comment:

• replied
    20 - Clans & Clan Tags (like Diablo 3) -- In Diablo 3, you choose your Clan Name & Tag and the Tag, applies to your name in brackets like [NG]Tycerax (NG = Nightingale / my clan btw. (: ) You cannot change it and that's kinda the point, isn't it? I liked the way D3 does it with the clans so I want it to be like it. I forgot to mention this for people that doesn't play D3 though.. (:
    I would be so bold as to allow a registered clan to upload a 50x50 logo to use in place of a clan tag,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
    +1 to clan support. I personally think that Clan Tags should be separate to the Player Name. It should be in a flield above or beside the name, and you should not be able to write down a clan tag, instead it's automatically assigned when you join a clan. so if you joined TechAE, you would automatically have '-=TechAE=-' in your clan tag box beside/above your name.
    20 - Clans & Clan Tags (like Diablo 3) -- In Diablo 3, you choose your Clan Name & Tag and the Tag, applies to your name in brackets like [NG]Tycerax (NG = Nightingale / my clan btw. (: ) You cannot change it and that's kinda the point, isn't it? I liked the way D3 does it with the clans so I want it to be like it. I forgot to mention this for people that doesn't play D3 though.. (:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X