Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ideas for the next UT

Hi there,

Some ideas from an old time fan of the franchise..

1) Bring back the need for skill, as part of the game and not as a mutator. I am talking about the dodge-jump (UT2k4 style), to me, it was clearly missing in UT3, and is one of the biggest reasons why I clearly spent less time playing UT3 than I did playing UT2k4.
    I understand the need for game companies to "keep their games accessible to a broad audience", but making games too casual has hurt a lot of games (in many genres) in the last years. Please do not make that mistake

2) A personal favorite: somewhere down the road, can we please have a dot crosshair as part of the game's options without having to tweak .ini files ? This is by far the best crosshair for fast & accurate gameplay, and I never understood why I had to configure that myself.

3) Achievements : being an achievement hunter myself, I would welcome their addition, granted they are implemented correctly.
    If it is a simple list of trophies as on PS or XB, then forget it, this is not the right way.
    Examples to follow are Blizzard games: WoW, SC2, Diablo3 all have proper implementations, meaning:
    • lots of things to do
    • categorized
    • possibility to have a watcher to track some of them
    • clearly see the evolution of a given achievement (x/150) .. PS & XB trophies never show this => irritating.
    • rewards for achievements
    • realistic achievements (ok, not always true for some achievements in Blizzard's games, but I digress .. )

4) Onslaught & Assault should be back at some point

5) Could we give voice commands to bots, as in UT2k4 ? Please ? I know: online, multiplayer, blablabla.. but sometimes player like to train and have fun on their own (so yes, I also favor a solo campaign).

For the rest, well, bring us back some nervous gameplay, where skill matters, and all will be fine .. that and iCTF on Face-Classic

Great news you brought us today, I for one can't wait to see how the project evolves.

Thank you !
    Last edited by Thaoky; 05-08-2014, 03:18 PM.

Originally posted by Thaoky View Post
    Achievements : being an achievement hunter myself, I would welcome their addition, granted they are implemented correctly.
    If it is a simple list of trophies as on PS or XB, then forget it, this is not the right way.
    Examples to follow are Blizzard games: WoW, SC2, Diablo3 all have proper implementations, meaning:
    • lots of things to do
    • categorized
    • possibility to have a watcher to track some of them
    • clearly see the evolution of a given achievement (x/150) .. PS & XB trophies never show this => irritating.
    • rewards for achievements
    • realistic achievements (ok, not always true for some achievements in Blizzard's games, but I digress .. )
    Achievement progress was visibly tracked in previous Epic Games (at least on Xbox 360), such as the Gears of War franchise. As you progressed toward any achievement which was simply a tally (of "do this x times"), you'd see little pop-up "toasts" indicating your progress at pre-determined progress points (20%, halfway there, only 5 more to go, etc).

Comment

Working...
    X