X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request - Duel Competitive

Hi.

Some requests.
    1. Allow waiting in Hub. After update you launch map and have to wait on the map in Duel mode. You can no longer create a game and wait in the hub before launching the map.
    2. Add Voting Feature: To allow map change if the 3 map options were poor.
    3. Allow queuing: Take a look at Quake Live. "Join game" places you in Queue while you spec. Spectate keeps you in Spectate mode

Alternatively if these things can be added via blueprints please point me to a tutorial on modifying such behavior.

1. What is the difference for you?
    2. Elaborate please.
    3. That's good one, but not only for duel but for all modes.
    Duel rankings contributor | running Unreal Tournament @ ESL

Comment

Honestly, I don't like queuing systems. It's a pita to get booted out of a game and have to wait another 10 mins, you're better off finding a new server at that point. Also people like to play a bunch of games vs the same opponent.
      :|

Comment

They should just add match making for duel. It seems to work well for Reflex and they have a even smaller player base.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasteful View Post
          1. What is the difference for you?
          2. Elaborate please.
          3. That's good one, but not only for duel but for all modes.
          1: Can idle in hub waiting for opponent. Can then discuss map preference with opponent before match begins. Vital during tournaments.
          2: Allow to change map ingame

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
          Honestly, I don't like queuing systems. It's a pita to get booted out of a game and have to wait another 10 mins, you're better off finding a new server at that point. Also people like to play a bunch of games vs the same opponent.
          Thats why you set your preference to Spectate. That way the players can keep playing. You are not queued outside of the game. You are in the match spectating. No one gets kicked.
          It works beautifully in Quake duels. Allowing multiple people to spectate while allowing specs to challenge the winner.

If people want to only play one another they can set the match to invite only.
          This will greatly improve the competitive scene. During out tournaments people occasionally need breaks from playing. And now a spectator is forced to disconnect from the game, just to rejoin in order to play.
          It will be so much easier instead to just change your status from spec to join. Instead of this clunky method.

Comment

I disagree, in my experience with ql duels people don't set their preferences to spectate. As far as i'm concerned the issue could be solved by just having a join from spec option.
            :|

Comment

Pretty much yes

Comment

Just chiming in to say **** YES to a queuing system, or duel specific matchmaking! Make it easy to quickly find a duel and I probably won't play anything else.

Comment

How to make a private match

Comment

How to make a private matchmaking server

Comment

The same question: how to make private match

Comment

How i make a private macth

Comment

I want to make a private match so bad bro

Comment

Working...