Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you desire client side hit detection for Sniper/Instagib/Shock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you desire client side hit detection for Sniper/Instagib/Shock?

Just want to see how many people want it and in what form they would accept it.
    Basically click on target, target gets hit even at 300ms which I consider the upper limit.
    Default Netcode.
    61.63%
    Official Mutator.
    15.12%
    Unoffical Mutator.
    16.28%
    Instagib Only -> Default.
    4.65%
    Instagib Only --> Mutator.
    2.33%

Yes.

Shootmania even had a little P2P written into the netcode.

Comment

If this is the case as default net code, then the weapons should be balanced accordingly damage wise. Example;

Shock primary should do LESS damage. Instead of 3 hits to kill somebody with 100 health it should take 4 hits. Sniper rifle should have more time between shots. It is very easy to mess up the balance of arena shooters with zeroping, but I guess that is how they are played in LAN's, too.
      Steam
      irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
      UT Username - nvz
      gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
      || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

CS:GO style extrapolation please. Newnet style has too many problems with positioning/getting hit after you're behind cover cuz the guy with 200 ping is hitting you before you got there on his end.

This should be in asap, so the weapons and gameplay can be balanced around it instead of relying on 3rd party stuff later on. Shock doesn't need to take more than 3 to kill a 100 health player, it just needs to not be an insane rate of fire and pushback like 2k4 had which made it insanely OP.

Comment

If you want client-side hit reg for anything, play Battlefield 3 or 4 and you'll change your mind within an hour of playing. It's ****ing terrible. Everything is out of sync and just plain broken.

Comment

just a reminder: anything that is going to happen clientside is going to be hacked.

so if you dont want to have aimbotters in game, you better not ask for clientside hit detection

Comment

hitscan should always be client side imo, it also give a way to those high ping player to stand a chance. And you can always kick/report/ban hacker anyway, they are usualy not that big of an issue imo

Comment

Originally posted by Thyrax View Post
                hitscan should always be client side imo, it also give a way to those high ping player to stand a chance. And you can always kick/report/ban hacker anyway, they are usualy not that big of an issue imo
                Look up Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4 client side hit reg. There hasn't been a single game with hybrid client side / server side hit reg that works properly. It's terrible. 1 shot kills, getting shot behind walls because of desync and so on.

Also cheaters:
                Last edited by stormzjeah; 08-27-2014, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Neither - I want serverside backwards reconciliation (time rewinding). The question is whether to use it for all weapons or only for hitscan ones.

Originally posted by stormzjeah View Post
                  If you want client-side hit reg for anything, play Battlefield 3 or 4 and you'll change your mind within an hour of playing. It's ****ing terrible. Everything is out of sync and just plain broken.
                  Try UT99 NewNet, it still lets you hit people by clicking on them instead of leading but nothing is out of sync unless you have horrendous packet loss or something. The only bad thing in NN is that projectiles fired by high ping players are hard to dodge for everyone else on the server. This will definitely need some tweaking if we are to compensate for projectiles.

Comment

I voted default Netcode, but...

It really only works on servers where the admins are present. The aim botting and laggy players are a problem, they were in UT99, however with decent admins that not a problem. Since this game is free for the most part, Epic needs to design a solution to ban cheaters as obviously banning a key code is pointless. They need to ban based on MB serial number. If I ban a user from my server, I should also ban that users mb serial number. You can change IP address, you can change user names, you can change MAC addresses, but I dont think ive ever heard of anyone changing a MB serial number. Its very easy and simple to get, then all they need to do is run a MB serial number check everytime a user logs into a server.
                    PayBack

Comment

You can change hardware IDs as well. I don't know just how easy it is, but it's definitely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Techies View Post
                        Just want to see how many people want it and in what form they would accept it.
                        Basically click on target, target gets hit even at 300ms which I consider the upper limit.
                        Are the weapons a mix of Client side VS server er what ever?

I am seeing huge variations on polar sided servers e.g. 100+ ping VS 17 ping servers. I can even tell the difference between 30 ping and 8 ping.

What I don't understand is when the server is in game mode and i'm on a 100+ ping server my ping will read mid 30's then when the map is finished and the scoreboard comes up i am showing a 75-90 ping. - just a curious observation.

EDIT: great topic btw 5 stars
                        Last edited by 213; 08-27-2014, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                          You can change hardware IDs as well. I don't know just how easy it is, but it's definitely possible.
                          Yeah im not saying its not possible, but each motherboard manufacturer would more than likely require a different process to change it. Meaning that the majority of "hackers" or script kiddies with aimbots will be permanently banned until they buy a new MB.
                          PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
                            Yeah im not saying its not possible, but each motherboard manufacturer would more than likely require a different process to change it. Meaning that the majority of "hackers" or script kiddies with aimbots will be permanently banned until they buy a new MB.
                            Well, hopefully that's the case. However I suspect there's no way to detect the real ID without going through Windows, and it's most likely really easy to fake it in Windows.

Comment

Needs to be there but it needs to be implemented properly, client side hit detection can be pretty bad when your enemy has a ping way over yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X