Controllers in Unreal tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I use gamepad+mouse when I play on PC. Only way I can play comfortably, accurately. Works great on CSGO, Dishonored, Wolfenstein etc.
    Don't know why developers never considered this input combination M+Controller superior to just using gamepad on PC. It shure as hell beats out using a gamepad to aim, plus you have much more buttons on the mouse.

Some engines don't allow for simultaneous gamepad+mouse inputs,...Skyrim/Fallout/Techland's engine/Deus Ex HR

Just wish I can rebind the controller buttons in UT
    Last edited by Smack Dab; 07-24-2015, 03:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I appreciate that people are beginning to understand that some people cannot use mouse and keyboard. It's not necessarily a matter of learning or understanding. Some people like myself can't use all their fingers or move their hands like others. Whenever I go to forums regarding gamepad support I see people who are only trying to point out an unintentional flaw in a game, where controller support is either non-existent or broken and they'd like to use one. Whether or not it's by choice or due to disability, the first 3-4 replies are people berating the OP for being ignorant, inexperienced, or 'belonging on consoles'. I love PC gaming. There's a wide variety of games, the graphics are better, and multiplayer games live longer. Ultimately it's up to the developer how they want their game to work, but people should never be excluded for not being able to play a game with a certain input device.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Find a micro-USB cable. Plug the normal connector into PC and small one into the port on the front of the controller.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how do i plg in my xbox controller to play ut4? on my pc

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They just get better every post. lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can see the direction of this game is going is completly wrong since CONTROL Support is ahead in the poll. Epic open your eyes, the 2k4/ut3 community already give up from playing their games in less than 4 years, UT99 is alive and active since 1999. And nobody from UT99 post in this forums (or we get tired already because the admins seems to close our post´s and silence us) so, honestly the programers need to realize, the kind of people that plays 2k4/ut3 is basically completly different community from the 99 Community. Pick a side, and pick wisely because so many games coming up, i feel this is going in the wrong direction.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, because I don't care. If you want a controller, go for it, but no auto-aim **** please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Even if a controller for an arena fps is simply ridiculous I can see how a controller support could be appealing for newbies and extend the user base

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ehm. You probably meant "design" and not support. The support was pretty good. But the design was pretty bad. UT3 had the best support for controllers to date. It had 4-player splittscreen with controllers and additional usage of keyboard/mouse. It is often a subjective preference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think controller-only servers are a bad idea, too much exploitability in my mind... But I can't think of a better way to ensure that both parties (controllers versus KB/Ms) feel comfortable and have a good time. All I can say is that those with controllers will rank a certain level, and they will naturally be skill-matched to players that pose a decent challenge, controller or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Get the mouse working properly first, has to be a priority.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tidal Blast
    Game controllers are fine, but when you got to switch between 10 weapons, it is certainly not ideal.
    That's no excuse. Diablo is a prime example that a mouse-only game can be played by controllers on consoles. UT3 had very good support for controllers. There is no reason to not support it since they probably will support Steam machine (hopefully). UT3 could have supported cross-gaming with controller-players (PS3) and kb-mouse-players (PC) but it didn't work out becase of the different timing (on the engine not gameplay). Servers could have allowed (or forced) keyboard controlling.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We need controllers in this game i've played every title with a controller and now theres a debate bout getting rid of them! where's the logic in that?Why would someone else care how another player is playing aside from cheating!Not having controllers would be a slap to a lot of ut fans!!And for what good reason!?!?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Spitting knowledge son!!
    Originally posted by Turing Machine View Post
    I was better at UT3 with controller than mkb and I consider myself decent at both (I would do well online and I could whoop on my friends). I like being able to sit back on my couch and relax with a controller and I'm sure many other people do too. If there is any type of elo-based matchmaking I don't see the need to separate players by their equipment (regardless I think separation is a bad idea). Imo the only real advantage you have with mkb is easier aiming. But that's only a small part of being good at this game. Controller users might not be able to compete at the topmost level, but they might come close. This whole getting stomped thing is stupid. Not every mkb user is good at the game and there will be plenty who get "stomped" by a well-manned controller.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's what it should be about i've used a controller since atari and don't plan on changing!Played all its on controller and now there is a question of having controller functions in the game theres a lot of ut peeps who've never used a mouse and keyboard and are just as important part of ut as a kb/m player we need controller functionality !
    Originally posted by DBLDeathDealer View Post
    Well done on this message right here.

I see nothing wrong with adding controller support and we shall see if the Original Posters comments get taken as an aspect that is needed for game development.

The bottom line we want to build a community here and pushing them away with puffy chest won't work well. We can worry about the mouse/keyboard vs controller issue when it comes to competitive gaming. I don't care if the other player is using chopsticks. In the end, I play this game because it is fun.

DBL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X