Controllers in Unreal tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I was better at UT3 with controller than mkb and I consider myself decent at both (I would do well online and I could whoop on my friends). I like being able to sit back on my couch and relax with a controller and I'm sure many other people do too. If there is any type of elo-based matchmaking I don't see the need to separate players by their equipment (regardless I think separation is a bad idea). Imo the only real advantage you have with mkb is easier aiming. But that's only a small part of being good at this game. Controller users might not be able to compete at the topmost level, but they might come close. This whole getting stomped thing is stupid. Not every mkb user is good at the game and there will be plenty who get "stomped" by a well-manned controller.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Meatfocker View Post
    What kind of bat**** insane dictator would limit uts options by allowing controllers. This isnt ****ing xbox, this is PC master race.

Ever played a controller based fps game, its slow as ****, and pathetic. I hope we as a community will not allow that to happen. Ive never lost at halo, its balls slow.
    I think the discussion has moved beyond this point since post #4 or something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What kind of bat**** insane dictator would limit uts options by allowing controllers. This isnt ****ing xbox, this is PC master race.

Ever played a controller based fps game, its slow as ****, and pathetic. I hope we as a community will not allow that to happen. Ive never lost at halo, its balls slow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I voted yes because I actually don't care what people play this game with. I don't care if they play with a Guitar controller or a WiiMote. Heck, I'd give props to him/her if s/he manages to keep up with me. Why remove people's options when you can embrace them?

Also, the other side of the coin: This game will feature vehicles at some point and I want to use my driving wheel or flight stick when I get on a Manta or else. If the game won't support that, it'll be less fun then it could've been. The game should support as much as it can without compromising other features.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    YES X10 please let them (us) i still aim with mouse but no kb) but for f*cks sake do not add in some bull**** aim assist. it will get exploited and it even hurts joystick aim in situations.

it will be exploited , if they want to aim with a controllers joystick let them do so with no added on assist. Also the steam controller might be something of interest.

edit. Shout out to any old UC1 AAoff survival vets that swing by.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Should him be forbidden to play on servers with KBM players and be stuck with other gamepad players only?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like to see support for hand keyboard controllers. I have a new razer-orbweaver hand keyboard that has a program made for Win7 64bit

Info here http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...zer-orbweaver/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    Then what do you think is causing it?
    I don't know tbh, its something to do with acceleration values and air control etc, not user hardware configurations. If you try some of the mutators like brizz and raxxy's one it feels much more responsive. I think someone said they're going to start testing them soon which is really promising

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fly Dungas View Post
    have you never been to the movement section of this forum? I feel like 80% of the discussion there revolves around that very question.
    Early prototypes rarely ever feel like a polished game. When you have a plethora of system configurations, capabilities and in-game setups, it takes a massive effort to get that game to the point where it runs in a polished manner on all those systems and configurations. Trying to pinpoint the actual cause for lacking performance in any or all of those systems could be a monumental undertaking, what with all the cat-and-mouse back and forth between developer and player. Look at all the work Pete put into resolving the mouse input issues and folks still are not satisfied.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    have you never been to the movement section of this forum? I feel like 80% of the discussion there revolves around that very question.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by nuxx View Post
    Sorry, I don't agree that it's about animations. My frames don't drop I have a top end rig, and even if they did, having played PC fps games since 98 I can tell the difference between fluid responsive movement and stable frames. All the best
    Then what do you think is causing it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have played the original, thousands of hours actually. The movement you see is tied to the screen render, so yes, you may have what appear to be consistent framerates, but all it takes is a couple of frames to drop and your animations go to pot.
    Sorry, I don't agree that it's about animations. My frames don't drop I have a top end rig, and even if they did, having played PC fps games since 98 I can tell the difference between fluid responsive movement and stable frames. All the best
    Last edited by nuxx; 04-02-2015, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by nuxx View Post
    Isn't an optimization issue. I have 150 fps stable capped. It's unresponsive in the sense you can't dodge projectiles, or change directions quickly, or generally just move fluidly. It`ll be changed eventually, there's alot of info in the movement forum. If you haven't played the original ut you should try it out and see how responsive it is in comparison
    I have played the original, thousands of hours actually. The movement you see is tied to the screen render, so yes, you may have what appear to be consistent framerates, but all it takes is a couple of frames to drop and your animations go to pot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am not sure why you feel the movement is unresponsive. As I have said before, the game is not optimized and even if you have a killer rig to play the pre-Alpha, there are no guarantees of consistent framerates or other elements that would make the game feel solid to all players right now.
    Isn't an optimization issue. I have 150 fps stable capped. It's unresponsive in the sense you can't dodge projectiles, or change directions quickly, or generally just move fluidly. It`ll be changed eventually, there's alot of info in the movement forum. If you haven't played the original ut you should try it out and see how responsive it is in comparison

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am not sure why you feel the movement is unresponsive. As I have said before, the game is not optimized and even if you have a killer rig to play the pre-Alpha, there are no guarantees of consistent framerates or other elements that would make the game feel solid to all players right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X