Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    Then what do you think is causing it?
    I don't know tbh, its something to do with acceleration values and air control etc, not user hardware configurations. If you try some of the mutators like brizz and raxxy's one it feels much more responsive. I think someone said they're going to start testing them soon which is really promising

Comment

I would like to see support for hand keyboard controllers. I have a new razer-orbweaver hand keyboard that has a program made for Win7 64bit

Info here http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...zer-orbweaver/
      UT99/U2/2003/2004/UT3 Unreal Life Doz Digital Studio UT MAP MUSIC https://soundcloud.com/dozier-mills/

Comment

Should him be forbidden to play on servers with KBM players and be stuck with other gamepad players only?
        DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Comment

YES X10 please let them (us) i still aim with mouse but no kb) but for f*cks sake do not add in some bull**** aim assist. it will get exploited and it even hurts joystick aim in situations.

it will be exploited , if they want to aim with a controllers joystick let them do so with no added on assist. Also the steam controller might be something of interest.

edit. Shout out to any old UC1 AAoff survival vets that swing by.

Comment

I voted yes because I actually don't care what people play this game with. I don't care if they play with a Guitar controller or a WiiMote. Heck, I'd give props to him/her if s/he manages to keep up with me. Why remove people's options when you can embrace them?

Also, the other side of the coin: This game will feature vehicles at some point and I want to use my driving wheel or flight stick when I get on a Manta or else. If the game won't support that, it'll be less fun then it could've been. The game should support as much as it can without compromising other features.
            Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

Comment

What kind of bat**** insane dictator would limit uts options by allowing controllers. This isnt ****ing xbox, this is PC master race.

Ever played a controller based fps game, its slow as ****, and pathetic. I hope we as a community will not allow that to happen. Ive never lost at halo, its balls slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatfocker View Post
                What kind of bat**** insane dictator would limit uts options by allowing controllers. This isnt ****ing xbox, this is PC master race.

Ever played a controller based fps game, its slow as ****, and pathetic. I hope we as a community will not allow that to happen. Ive never lost at halo, its balls slow.
                I think the discussion has moved beyond this point since post #4 or something.

Comment

I was better at UT3 with controller than mkb and I consider myself decent at both (I would do well online and I could whoop on my friends). I like being able to sit back on my couch and relax with a controller and I'm sure many other people do too. If there is any type of elo-based matchmaking I don't see the need to separate players by their equipment (regardless I think separation is a bad idea). Imo the only real advantage you have with mkb is easier aiming. But that's only a small part of being good at this game. Controller users might not be able to compete at the topmost level, but they might come close. This whole getting stomped thing is stupid. Not every mkb user is good at the game and there will be plenty who get "stomped" by a well-manned controller.

Comment

That's what it should be about i've used a controller since atari and don't plan on changing!Played all its on controller and now there is a question of having controller functions in the game theres a lot of ut peeps who've never used a mouse and keyboard and are just as important part of ut as a kb/m player we need controller functionality !
                    Originally posted by DBLDeathDealer View Post
                    Well done on this message right here.

I see nothing wrong with adding controller support and we shall see if the Original Posters comments get taken as an aspect that is needed for game development.

The bottom line we want to build a community here and pushing them away with puffy chest won't work well. We can worry about the mouse/keyboard vs controller issue when it comes to competitive gaming. I don't care if the other player is using chopsticks. In the end, I play this game because it is fun.

DBL

Comment

Spitting knowledge son!!
                      Originally posted by Turing Machine View Post
                      I was better at UT3 with controller than mkb and I consider myself decent at both (I would do well online and I could whoop on my friends). I like being able to sit back on my couch and relax with a controller and I'm sure many other people do too. If there is any type of elo-based matchmaking I don't see the need to separate players by their equipment (regardless I think separation is a bad idea). Imo the only real advantage you have with mkb is easier aiming. But that's only a small part of being good at this game. Controller users might not be able to compete at the topmost level, but they might come close. This whole getting stomped thing is stupid. Not every mkb user is good at the game and there will be plenty who get "stomped" by a well-manned controller.

Comment

We need controllers in this game i've played every title with a controller and now theres a debate bout getting rid of them! where's the logic in that?Why would someone else care how another player is playing aside from cheating!Not having controllers would be a slap to a lot of ut fans!!And for what good reason!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                          Game controllers are fine, but when you got to switch between 10 weapons, it is certainly not ideal.
                          That's no excuse. Diablo is a prime example that a mouse-only game can be played by controllers on consoles. UT3 had very good support for controllers. There is no reason to not support it since they probably will support Steam machine (hopefully). UT3 could have supported cross-gaming with controller-players (PS3) and kb-mouse-players (PC) but it didn't work out becase of the different timing (on the engine not gameplay). Servers could have allowed (or forced) keyboard controlling.
                          ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                          ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Get the mouse working properly first, has to be a priority.

Comment

I think controller-only servers are a bad idea, too much exploitability in my mind... But I can't think of a better way to ensure that both parties (controllers versus KB/Ms) feel comfortable and have a good time. All I can say is that those with controllers will rank a certain level, and they will naturally be skill-matched to players that pose a decent challenge, controller or not.

Comment

Ehm. You probably meant "design" and not support. The support was pretty good. But the design was pretty bad. UT3 had the best support for controllers to date. It had 4-player splittscreen with controllers and additional usage of keyboard/mouse. It is often a subjective preference.
                                ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                                ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Working...
                                X