No announcement yet.

Controllers in Unreal tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if a controller for an arena fps is simply ridiculous I can see how a controller support could be appealing for newbies and extend the user base

Comment

Yes, because I don't care. If you want a controller, go for it, but no auto-aim **** please.

Comment

You can see the direction of this game is going is completly wrong since CONTROL Support is ahead in the poll. Epic open your eyes, the 2k4/ut3 community already give up from playing their games in less than 4 years, UT99 is alive and active since 1999. And nobody from UT99 post in this forums (or we get tired already because the admins seems to close our post´s and silence us) so, honestly the programers need to realize, the kind of people that plays 2k4/ut3 is basically completly different community from the 99 Community. Pick a side, and pick wisely because so many games coming up, i feel this is going in the wrong direction.

Comment

They just get better every post. lol

Comment

how do i plg in my xbox controller to play ut4? on my pc

Comment

Find a micro-USB cable. Plug the normal connector into PC and small one into the port on the front of the controller.
              "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
              - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I appreciate that people are beginning to understand that some people cannot use mouse and keyboard. It's not necessarily a matter of learning or understanding. Some people like myself can't use all their fingers or move their hands like others. Whenever I go to forums regarding gamepad support I see people who are only trying to point out an unintentional flaw in a game, where controller support is either non-existent or broken and they'd like to use one. Whether or not it's by choice or due to disability, the first 3-4 replies are people berating the OP for being ignorant, inexperienced, or 'belonging on consoles'. I love PC gaming. There's a wide variety of games, the graphics are better, and multiplayer games live longer. Ultimately it's up to the developer how they want their game to work, but people should never be excluded for not being able to play a game with a certain input device.

Comment

I use gamepad+mouse when I play on PC. Only way I can play comfortably, accurately. Works great on CSGO, Dishonored, Wolfenstein etc.
                  Don't know why developers never considered this input combination M+Controller superior to just using gamepad on PC. It shure as hell beats out using a gamepad to aim, plus you have much more buttons on the mouse.

Some engines don't allow for simultaneous gamepad+mouse inputs,...Skyrim/Fallout/Techland's engine/Deus Ex HR

Just wish I can rebind the controller buttons in UT
                  Last edited by Smack Dab; 07-24-2015, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                    Unfortunately, UT just doesn't work well with game controllers because of the enormous weapon selection and you just can't afford to open a radial menu to then select a weapon in battle. If that was different, the game controller would be a valid alternative, but it just ain't the case at the moment.

However, that doesn't mean there won't be UT games later on that will be more suitable for game controllers.
                    Most game controllers have enaugh buttons to bind weapons to buttons directly. I did that when I played UT3 on my PS3 (yes I finished UT3 on PS3 first, because my PC was bad at the time.. I enjoyed it on PS3.. But I think I mostly played with keyboard and mouse..) and it worked quite well. I will play with keyboard and mouse for sure, but I know that by now there are a lot of people who prefer using a controller (don't know why)..

Comment

i love using the xbox/xbox360/xbox one controllers! And especially the Steam Machine Controllers! those consoles are more affordable than an ultimate gaming rig. y'all must add more buttons to press on the controller. bring back black/white buttons, start/back buttons/ triggers, bumpers, and tapping buttons behind the controller with our ring fingers. we must bring UT4 to steam consoles because they have the new dominating mouse-pad controllers! porting UT4 to consoles will multiply our audiences with different wants and needs. the Steam Machine Console is genius. y'all should port it to Consoles as a priority, especially Steam Console.

done rant.

Comment

Aren't Steam Machines essentially Linux PCs? That'd mean no additional porting required, as UT4 already runs on Linux.
                        <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
                        <TNSe> nono
                        <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
                        <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
                        <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
                        <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

we all know that mouse and keyboard will rule the world. good for you. but some people prefer a controller. so stop being so negative about it, its old news man. i play games on my couch with a beer, and a controller. try being helpful sometime, that goes out to all you pc elitist, grow up.

Comment

I use the Orbweaver Hand controller and it works perfect with any games including UT

UT99/U2/2003/2004/UT3 Unreal Life Doz Digital Studio UT MAP MUSIC https://soundcloud.com/dozier-mills/

Comment

Absolutely, especially when vehicle gametypes come around

Comment

In case you controller folks missed the stream where it was mentioned http://www.twitch.tv/unrealtournamen...43367?t=24m40s

Short term solution: mess with input.ini file, there's sensitivity and other settings like binds available also for controller buttons.
                                Long term solution: wait X months for Epic to add menu for controllers some point later on.
                                UT ingame alias: nukkuj
                                Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X