Destructible environment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destructible environment?

Do you want to see destructible environment in next Unreal Tuornamement (you can destroy walls etc. like in Battlefield series)?
    I think this would work nicely at least in assault and onslaught maps.
    Yes
    41.41%
    No
    58.59%

It sounds like a nice feature, but requires a lot of time to make.
    Regards,
    Kia.

Game Programmer & Scripter
    Amateur Mapper
    - Willing to learn

Comment

Good lord no. I made an account specifically to cast my vote against this.

Comment

Maybe minimal but other than that, no.
        Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

Comment

Destructible environment sounds cool, but it should be developed only for certain maps, not a global feature.

Comment

Some glass to smash through maybe but past that it would be overkill.

Comment

voted yes, but only on some kind of maps/gametypes...
              it may be good on a duel, to try detect your opponent (ofc only some parts of the level) or to open more "strategic" scenario since duel have a low possibility of comeback
              it may be bad on ctf, cause this can create more open field and with translocator could be nearly impossible to flee if you have the flag (still hard to do in facing worlds imho)...

so, yes but pay attention with it ^^

Comment

Originally posted by InvertXnY View Post
                Some glass to smash through maybe but past that it would be overkill.
                Completely agree, Simpler the better. Let's try not to have this game be like anything modern day shooter.

Comment

Depends on the map, but to a limited extent it would be cool. Not necessarily blowing holes through walls, but knocking over pillars or collapsing towers would be a nice touch, depending.

Comment

Map makers will decide if they want a part of their level to be destructible.

That's pretty much all there should be to say about it.
                    Dueling Flak Cannons
                    We see the shells falling
                    Together, we die

Comment

No, I don't think UT needs features like these. It takes too much effort to implement this for the little pay-off it provides.

Comment

Originally posted by TrickyVein View Post
                        Map makers will decide if they want a part of their level to be destructible.

That's pretty much all there should be to say about it.
                        I agree. And because of the way that destructibles are made in UE4 (asset-specific and in-editor) it's going to come down to this anyway, there wouldn't be a practical way to make it a "global" feature.

Comment

Would be nice feature for gametypes like assault and onslaught.
                          I don't know how it would work in tdm.

Comment

If it integrates well and is based on design choice, hell yes. But not just because we can, it ought to be in support of specific game modes where it makes a difference for how the map is played.

Comment

I think it should be limited. As in like pieces of ledges, walls, windows, doors, etc. Should be destructible, but a player should not be a loud to level a city block as it were.

Comment

Working...
                              X