Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id like to get UT2k4 and U2 on Steam, but not for this price. You could get a physical copy of an part of the series for as much as 5 dollars, but Steam offers a digital one for even as much as 20 dollars. Funny how GOG has then for 10 bucks a piece. This should be 3 dollars per game TOPS - especially for people like me, who bought Unreals several times in the past

Comment

Also some decent advice for people who want to design levels, but are kinda new to it. If you have one of the older games, before you buy UE4, screw around with unrealed. Generally making a couple maps for the original engine should give a good idea of what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by SavagE View Post
        This should be 3 dollars per game TOPS
        The deal pack is 20 bucks now and includes six games... pretty close to 3 bucks per game I say! If you want only the two games you've mentioned I sugges this: don't buy U2 because it's bad, only buy UT 2k4 and you've spent half the moneyz. D

Comment

I think Ill wait when the discount hits -75%. It happens sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by SavagE View Post
            Id like to get UT2k4 and U2 on Steam, but not for this price. You could get a physical copy of an part of the series for as much as 5 dollars, but Steam offers a digital one for even as much as 20 dollars. Funny how GOG has then for 10 bucks a piece. This should be 3 dollars per game TOPS - especially for people like me, who bought Unreals several times in the past
            Honestly, as a guy who played Unreal on consoles. I'll happily pay 20.00 bucks to support a company doing cool stuff like this Now to just take some online coding classes and draw some concepts. Too excited about this.

Comment

Good message and i think most people are constructive. It would help to have sub-forums so people can easily find back threads that are important to them (i.e. maps, skins, game types, mechanics, weapons and so on)

Looking forward to that addition, i find it hard to track down the threads that i posted in myself ;-))

Comment

Originally posted by Zaxx View Post
                The deal pack is 20 bucks now and includes six games... pretty close to 3 bucks per game I say! If you want only the two games you've mentioned I sugges this: don't buy U2 because it's bad, only buy UT 2k4 and you've spent half the moneyz. D
                Sorry, but I have to disagree; U2 was fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Since this forum is about UT, however, I have to say every game in the series is worth playing and enjoying, with the exception of UT2k3, which was truly bad. (just my opinion mind you)

Comment

Originally posted by AutoPsychotic View Post
                  Sorry, but I have to disagree; U2 was fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Since this forum is about UT, however, I have to say every game in the series is worth playing and enjoying, with the exception of UT2k3, which was truly bad. (just my opinion mind you)
                  Well UT2k3 is the same as UT2k4. If I remember correctly Epic said to return the 2k3 game for you get 2k4.
                  History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
                  UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
                  UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
                  UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Steve, I really hope you guys will make some heavyhanded decisions on things like the core gameplay
                    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Polge View Post
                      Also, we'll be creating subforums to organize design discussions, starting with the areas that need work first.
                      Thank you Steve, this is much needed.
                      irc.globalgamers.net | #2k4ctf |#ut4pugs | #unrealtournament | Ownedwell.com | UT2004 Grail

Comment

If at all possible, everyone please condense your replies to the briefest form possible to avoid parsing walls of text. it makes reading all your precious opinions very tedious in the long run.

Perfection is achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
                        - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

strive for it pls! PLS!
                        Last edited by homu; 05-12-2014, 07:52 AM. Reason: fancy-*** quote

Comment

Thank you for informing us on how newbys "like me" can help!

Comment

But but!. i dont wanna play UT3! please make the bad man stop.

Ahh just kidding. Sounds like good advice.
                            Should even have some official servers here on the website for people here to play against each other. Anyone up for running some servers ?.

Also how on earth do you get UT99 to run properly. It runs really badly, well oddly. new Opengl render dll. insane stuttering ingame. Direct3d9 dll works a bit better, but weapons like minigun is missing the fire effect. And still it feels like there is mouse lag, its definitely not as sharp smooth input as i remember. Any chance that epic would spend but a little time to try and shine the mouse control up for UT99.

Comment

I am wondering if it would help to have a formal-monitored polling/voting mechanism, along with a development roadmap, for each Unreal Tournament Design option, much like what is done for the UnrealEngine 4 Development Roadmap. I think it would help clarify what the design options being considered are and how various contributors feel about them in a concise manner. Perhaps the same Trello based format as the engine roadmap could be used. The design discussions are very helpful, but it would nice to see more precisely where the development decisions are headed, and their timeframe, as they happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SDAHeatWave View Post
                                Well UT2k3 is the same as UT2k4. If I remember correctly Epic said to return the 2k3 game for you get 2k4.
                                I don't remember Epic saying that, but regardless the two games are not the same. Most notably the 2k3 dodging mechanics were toned down in 2k4 due to complaint's about it feeling too "floaty". Boost dodge, another interesting movement mechanic which was particularly a boon in a popular type of Bombing Run configuration was also left out (it's in webadmin as a classic setting, however it's broken). UT2003's floatiness was actually something that made Bombing Run so great along with low gravity and high speed and it did not feel properly replicated in 2k4 (missing things such as being unable to telepunt and self catch mechanic being broken as well).

Even the famous infinite duly quoted an alpha of UT2004 noting the missing boost dodge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqhymv_6piI
                                Last edited by xios; 05-13-2014, 01:30 AM.
                                irc.globalgamers.net | #2k4ctf |#ut4pugs | #unrealtournament | Ownedwell.com | UT2004 Grail

Comment

Working...
                                X