This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMJ View Post
    Also how on earth do you get UT99 to run properly. It runs really badly, well oddly. new Opengl render dll. insane stuttering ingame. Direct3d9 dll works a bit better, but weapons like minigun is missing the fire effect. And still it feels like there is mouse lag, its definitely not as sharp smooth input as i remember. Any chance that epic would spend but a little time to try and shine the mouse control up for UT99.
    try this thread. you will probably only get the best gameplay experience from playing in a server with ACE installed, which makes UT99 compatible with newer hardware. also install markc mouse fix which will remove mouse acceleration
    Last edited by histortion; 05-13-2014, 07:52 PM.
    "History is written by the victors"

Comment

Steve. I am Currently a UE4 subscriber and also a 3D modeler/texture painter. What is the best way I can contribute to the cause? (aside from game design discussion)

Comment

Very nice post Steve! I have in fact all 3 UT versions and it really works to play UT2k4 for an hour, then immediately start playing UT99 afterwards. You'll notice so much difference especially in speed and control. For me (personal opinion) it feels like UT99 has a lot more direct control, less fire lag and more direct input than 2k4 which really works for the amazing UT gameplay. For me, this is the most important thing to have in the new UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Torin View Post
          Steve. I am Currently a UE4 subscriber and also a 3D modeler/texture painter. What is the best way I can contribute to the cause? (aside from game design discussion)
          Head over to the Art Development forums. We'll be using those forums to organize those contributions - we haven't quite got to the point yet of needing contributions, but getting more familiar with the tools and doing some experimentation might be useful. Thanks!

Comment

Awesome post!

I am super excited to be a part of the UT world again.

I own every game on every platform released.

I am also replaying all of them to make myself more useful around here from a technical standpoint.

Comment

I will try to refrain from fanboy rants. I fear i have already failed. Forgive me.

Comment

Working...
              X