UT99 Translocator - Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post

And finally, the charges don't limit map size, they just force you to use the trans in a way that you don't like.
    Really? In a way i don't like? I can choose to go in straight lines, using shortest distance between my base and enemy base, and getting max distance of all charges if i dont want to run out. Or i can pick up some items and weapons, then run out of charges maximum at 50 or 75% of the map and start a 10-15 seconds dodging and walking process. For you that means playing in a way i don't like, but for me that means making maps unplayeable and limiting the max size.

Just one example:
    CTF-Terra
    I spawn at low are between shock and minigun. i want to pick up amp, i pick shock, go to amp room lift, pick up amp, then flak cannon and pads, and go to the elevator room to take the elevator. half of the map and im out charges, UT2004 and UT3 aswell. Limit just ruins every single big team play based maps. One reason why such maps were never popular in UT2004.

Comment

Like what? Orbital2 is quite a large map. Most of UT2004's maps were huge. Still, the point is that the charges don't limit map size. In your imaginary scenario in UT3, you wouldn't have run out of charges unless you weren't using the trans effectively for traversal. And that was a **** TL. Still, there is a solution there by increasing the number of charges or the recharge time slightly, too. It's not all or nothing.
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by peterk View Post
        Just one example:
        CTF-Terra
        I spawn at low are between shock and minigun. i want to pick up amp, i pick shock, go to amp room lift, pick up amp, then flak cannon and pads, and go to the elevator room to take the elevator. half of the map and im out charges, UT2004 and UT3 aswell. Limit just ruins every single big team play based maps. One reason why such maps were never popular in UT2004.
        Obviously we'd have to have a test map to prove it, but you probably won't run out of charges in this scenario. Keep in mind that due to the recharge rate you can teletrain for 8 shots. However, that might not even come into play if you properly let your tl fly. If you plan properly you'll get to the center with 5 full charges that you can use to maneuver around whoever is in mid, and you'll do it .5 sec faster to boot.
        Last edited by TheWhiteDragon; 08-06-2014, 09:49 AM.
        BeyondUnreal Podcast
        r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

This is one of the reasons UT99 tele is the best of the series.

Ðarth|UA|
          Youtube

Come play CTF and Elimination Pick Up Games (PUGS) with us at: https://discord.gg/BbPPCBx . You can also go to http://ut4pugs.us Hope to see you all there!

Comment

No time for proper planning.
            Originally posted by Mysterial
            An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Why teletrain when you can let your trans sail so far away nobody can hit you anyway? Is that really the best argument people can come up with? Why is "teletraining" a problem exactly, I've yet to see anybody explain this. They are such short throws, you can still be hit fairly easily. The burden of proof is always on us to prove what already worked fine, but they never give any valid reasons to backup their arguments against it. "Fix teletraining"...why does it need "fixing"?

Epic patched the translocator in v432, if it was "broken" still why did they neglect to fix it and leave us with a "broken" main weapon of the game through the next patches/forever.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                Epic patched the translocator in v432, if it was "broken" still why did they neglect to fix it and leave us with a "broken" main weapon of the game through the next patches/forever.
                Because the game only got one more barely even bug fixing patch after 432 and UT was EOL?
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

May i say that the Ut99 Translocater was a very Funny thing.

Lava Giant without a Translocator like that is not that Good.
                  The Same goes for Face.

Jump from one Tower to another ? XD

Yeah, to be honest i think it Has it´s Pros and Cons, A Mutator will come anyway.
                  But Yes to Limit it may affect Gameplay in 2 Ways.

I Say there is no Soloution for anybody.

Comment

The Ultimate Juke Telefrag

Last edited by sLY1838; 08-07-2014, 09:42 PM.

Comment

The Next Level

Comment

Tele-pickup and Headshot Combo

Comment

The Pickup Train

Last edited by sLY1838; 08-07-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

nice

Click image for larger version

Name:	guybrush.png
Views:	1
Size:	536.3 KB
ID:	329791
                            dsaygufbawjsklfdsa
                            "History is written by the victors"

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                              Uhh they did... It's called UT2k3, and despite the problems with that implementation they decided to stick the the idea for 2 more games.

I don't think there's much point in rehashing the previous games on this issue. Epic knows how it worked in UT99, and they clearly still believe in their overall goals for the weapon even if they don't think they've gotten it right yet. It's going to be far more productive to look at the TL that is currently implemented and clearly show what it can and cannot do.
                              BeyondUnreal Podcast
                              r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

Glacier Flag Save

Comment

Working...
                                X