Delete Overtime in DM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete Overtime in DM

The player with the better kill/death ratio should win. Overtime is too luck-based, it ignores the players' overall performance, and it often depends on who sees someone first. In the unlikely event both contenders have the same K/D, that's when we need Overtime.
    Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Rather than removing it, change overtime to an extra amount of time. +1 minute. +2 minutes. +10% of total round time. Whatever.

Edit: Alternatively play till +X kills ahead.
    Last edited by joellll; 06-09-2015, 10:28 PM.
    Posts are about duel unless otherwise specified. ut duel shortcomings | What is timing? | dm-twentyseven

Comment

Or allow a tie, since it was a tie.

Comment

The duel in case of overtime was awesome !
        Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
        https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
        http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
        Discord PUG Community

Comment

I tend to agree here. Could well do something new with it.

Comment

I would like to do something like Smash does. (Maybe without all the bombs )

Comment

Originally posted by joellll View Post
              Rather than removing it, change overtime to an extra amount of time. +1 minute. +2 minutes. +10% of total round time. Whatever.

Edit: Alternatively play till +X kills ahead.
              Good idea, I'd prefer this actually.
              Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

I don't see why it is a problem to have overtime in DM, because the next person who makes the kill wins. Overtime rarely lasts more than a minute in DM. And as for luck based I disagree... DM is always about going against the enemy, no matter what. So that's why people get many frags and almost the same amount of death. If you get 50 kill without dying, that means that you are either an ├╝ber-pro, but in most cases it's about that those players were also retreating. Also in 1v1 games, overtime can play a crucial role and it uses DM settings
                Last edited by [P]etya; 06-19-2015, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I like the next frag wins over time. Yes in most cases it's who bumps into a enemy first but you had long enough to get ahead. That looking for someone is heart beating out of your chest stress/excitement that over time creates. I see no point in extra time added you can just beat them next map.
                  Join the community Facebook page
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

added time like in quake is much better than sudden death imo. much more nail biting.

Comment

I always liked sudden death in duel in UT. Unlike quake you can never be in that bad of an advantage due to the more forgiving armor system, you can always hit a hs or some prediction combo. Always found it extremely tense and fun 1 mistake and sayonara.

I'd prefer overtime in TDM cause obviously it's more random with 8 peeps on a server than just 2, much less room for tactical play

DM I don't mind really but I agree with your point about the K/D ratio deciding, it makes sense

Good topic , I can't remember if duels/dm/tdm were changed in ut3 to overtime, they were sudden death in the original
                      Last edited by nuxx; 06-20-2015, 04:20 AM.

Comment

not needed in game core / make mutator

What you guys are asking for is not needed in the game core.
                        The only needed thing in the game core should be to configure overtime's presence: overtime, yes or no?

For everything else, just build a mutator.

Here's some ideas
                        * option 1: during overtime, armors and health-packs stop spawning
                        * option 2: during overtime, characters' health drops to 1 gradually

Comment

Working...
                        X