Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Roster upgrades

Roster upgrades

I know it's pre-alpha, but just a note that the offline challenges as they stand tend to put too much weight on your roster strength. It detracts from the player's agency in, for example, TDM matches. It's not much fun to account for more than half your team's kills and still lose by a massive margin, and to know that the solution is to play other challenges until your bots can stop playing target practice for theirs.

Not to say that roster upgrades are an inherently bad idea, but there's too much dependency on them at the moment. The deciding factor in any challenge should be the player's skill.

• replied
    please ,anyone help me.. how to unock skill upgraded players?? i have 7 gold stars earned.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was really hoping that they'd develop a kind of football manager for UT4... or perhaps more like a Speedball 2 equivalent. Start off with a bunch of duff players, and earn reputation & money are try to convince better players to play for you. Sell your current players or use cash to send them into training to upgrade.

Stats, playing styles and names could all be randomised to give a different experience each time and have a league progression with the aim of becoming champion.

This would give a bit more interest in who is on your side, who you're fighting against and who you'd like to try to buy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think its fine the way it is, I've found for the TDM's, you simply need to be the best on your team.
    Hell, with 40 stars, I was second in my team and 3-starred Outpost TDM.

And having really easy medium challenges because you've upgraded your team seems fine too, its medium, most people who have moved onto harder challenges and have accumulated 30-35 stars will find medium easy as it is.

Still have a bit of a problem with bot accuracy and their ability to know where you are...
    but apart from that, unless we are working with different bots, I'm afraid I don't see your problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It tells you sometimes appended to the "You have earned x stars" message at the end of a match, but that message appears a little unpredictably, I find (sometimes when I'm not on a multiple of 5, sometimes not when I am on one...)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, it replaces the weakest member of your team.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am confused... I don't ever see anything asking for upgrading my team's roster... does it do it automatically?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To add to this, it can also be too easy. Once you're at 30-35 stars, you'll win most of the medium challenges even if you do nothing because your team is simply better than the other one. The reward for doing well in some challenges shouldn't be that others are basically auto-wins! Again, whenever this sort of content is finalized, player agency has to be put at a premium...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just wish that the roster upgrades wouldn't be 1-2 levels behind the strongest bots on the enemy team even at 40 stars... The point is to eventually upgrade your team to stand a chance, not go from terrible to bad, as that makes no sense at all...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X