Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please add Singleplayer mode (with cheats support)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add Singleplayer mode (with cheats support)

Please add Singleplayer mode with cheats support (god, fly etc.)

When you say single player do you mean a campaign or "instant action" multiplayer?

I do like fly mode. It's a useful tool for really exploring maps.
    I went by B0T0X in UT2k4, BoboTheBrave in UT3. If you remember me, send me a PM!

Remember? I was the one running backward with the flag!

Comment

Instant Action requires BOTs and while we eventually will get there it's not on the immediate to-do list. Though Matt and Steve are itching to do them.

Comment

For an actual campaign, do not allow cheats. Cheat however much you want in Instant Action, but no cheats in a Campaign Mode.
        Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
        Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
        Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
        --Captain Crit

Comment

Captain Crif, why? I very like play with cheats in Campaign mode and I would like play with cheats in actual Campaign. If you don't like play with cheats, don't type cheats before match.

Comment

Cheating in the campaign should be possible, but at a price. For example the Descent series perma-zeroed your score after a cheatcode was typed. Every time you would regularly gain points, e.g. by kipping robots or rescuing hostages, the score would instead flash the word "Cheater".
            <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
            <TNSe> nono
            <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
            <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
            <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
            <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
              BOTs [...]. Though Matt and Steve are itching to do them.
              Does that mean, the first releases won't even have bots?

The campaign in UT3 had to be played through in order to get some Necris models for your own online/profile character. Cheating could be possible but should not interfere which such achievements/unlockables.
              ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
              ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Define release For example right now, anyone with a subscription can make a pull and play the game as it is. At some point in the not so distance future we will have an installable version that's open to more people, call it an "alpha" or more likely a "test" and most likely that version will not have playable bots. From there we will start expanding it to a full game. So sometime in the far future, call it the "first release" or whatever and yes, that version will probably have bots.

Now if someone from the community wishes to setup and create bots, then well bots will get done faster.

Comment

I'm going a bit offtopic here, but since you are talking about it I have a little question about the "installable" version. Will that first installable be able to run on OSX? I really want to test and share bugs with that version. Every time I play a OSX game that is multi-platform, it's always a bit trippy. Have to bootcamp and such to get it flowing correctly, but since this will be released for every platform and there's a chance for the community to help tune it, than yeah... When the time comes, share some information for alpha testers about it. I think there's not much information about it.

Again, sorry for the offtopic, i'm out
                  work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
                    Define release
                    Official unchained-UnrealEngine4-subscription version .

As a hobbyist (in game developing), I don't intend to subscribe in UE4 for each month that's why i'm not aware of any changes in the source or the progress. I only got an expired subscription for 4.2 and not able to run my outdated UT(4) anymore. So I have to wait for the "first release"... or even the release with mod tools. (and i'm still having fun working on mutators and stuff for UT3 ).

Bots were a key feature of older UT. Back in the days, UT and its successors had the best AI (not talking about about vehicle AI... that's a complete different story ^^). It should be shipped very early even if the main focus is pure multiplayer.
                    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 08-05-2014, 06:45 PM.
                    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Working...
                    X