Customisable Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customisable Bots

One of the things that was really great about UT99 and disappeared in UT3 was the ease of adding new Models, naming them and seting up as Bots. There was nothing better than naming all the Bots after your friends and then fragging them lol!

I think this was a really nice feature that was missed in UT3 and would like to see it back in UT4 please

You actually could rename bots in UT3 by going into the game files. Also change their models and whatnot. I once had a laugh giving Krall Lauren's body designs and naming them all sorts of really perverted names.

In UT4, I agree it should be standard. Preferrably, without having to dig into source code.
    Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
    Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
    Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
    --Captain Crit

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crit View Post
      You actually could rename bots in UT3 by going into the game files. Also change their models and whatnot. I once had a laugh giving Krall Lauren's body designs and naming them all sorts of really perverted names.

In UT4, I agree it should be standard. Preferrably, without having to dig into source code.
      Yes I think that was where I was coming from, if you dug around enough you could find most things in UT3 in ini files and so on, but in UT99 and UT2004 most of it could be done in the GUI and it would be nice to keep it simple and fun again

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crit View Post

Something like MapMixer's bot editing system (it's a UT3 mod) would be great. It gives you so much freedom such as creating your own bot such as customizing parts (unfortunately with available parts only), renaming, giving biography, and then the old skill adjustment. There's even an ability to create your own faction. Well, probably a bit tedious, but so much fun

Comment

I didn't passed a lot of time in customising bots for ut because I was satisfied with the existing roaster, but in half life, there was a bot mod, that was delivred with a bot customiser and very standards bots, but the customisation was very deep, and something I loved to make was god like bots with a very long reaction time, the thing was like if they was trying to do mlg thing, bonny hopping and then standing still in front of some one and throwing triple kills 360 noscopes, it was so fun to stectate.

Comment

Working...
          X