Horrible performance in 4k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible performance in 4k

There might be all sorts of technology and what not in UT4 engine and so on, but I cannot say that this game looks extremely good (no offence).

And I end up having a choppy experience on both epic and high in 4k? I have 2x GTX 1080s OC, 32GB DDR4@3200MHz, 6700k at 4,9GHz, NVMe SSD (not that it matters).. If that cant run this game at an acceptable framerate, I give up.

The game currently runs on DX11 and it's method of rendering (deferred rendering) makes it impossible to use two cards, so it's using only one of your 1080s
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

The higher texture settings have minimal impact on quality, yet they drop performance VERY much. I set it to med, all else on high or epic. Something's messy with texture processing.
      Check the Hybrid Rocket L. Here:https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ed​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
        The game currently runs on DX11 and it's method of rendering (deferred rendering) makes it impossible to use two cards, so it's using only one of your 1080s
        Please understand that Deferred rendering does not inherently mean two cards cannot be used. Many, MANY games using fully deferred render engines have full support for SLI and CFX. The issue with Unreal Tournament is that it does not have a SLI profile in Nvidia drivers. If you force AFR in the driver, you'll be able to hit 60FPS in 4K with those two cards.

Comment

Working...
        X